• Hey guys anyone interested in joining up to go fruit picking? let me know!
    Private_message
    I am interested, in VIC? when?
    Private_message
    Need more detail information!!
    Private_message
    Make sure you guys get all the details up front. Some of the farmers are pretty bad. Have a couple of backpackers in my place now who just returned from Mildura on a fig farm there. The farmer there was charging them $100 a week to stay in a barn with no walls and he was doing this to around 20 people. They had to share one shower, no hot water, work 12 hours a day and up to 75% of their pay went on taxes, super and admin fees (yes admin fees, this guy took $15 a day for organising their pay). They were told they could earn $100 a day but in reality they got maybe $25-$30 for 12 hours work
    Private_message
    Hey, I'am interested as well,in vic?
    Private_message
    Hi guys just testing the water here I am in Melbourne and if we can I want to stay in VIC to do the work. I suggest we can meet in the city and have a look at the options.

At the moment I am thinking about going to a workers hostel and taking it from there.

Thanks for the advice Dave I have heard there are some pitfalls that are to be avoided. if anyone knows of good farms or contacts please feel free to post!
    Private_message
    Hi Joe i'am very interesting! I am with my girlfriend and we can start very soon!! Tha work is in victoria?? I hope to meet you soon!
    Private_message
    Just my own experience of a working hostel (up in Atherton, Queensland though).
    Stayin in one is more expensive than in a normal hostel to begin with. On top of that they charge a "work connection fee" for every day they manage to find you work. Since many people think it is easier to find work through a working hostel, they're often very full and do not manage to find work for everyone but still take you on their books with a verbal promise of more work coming up.
    My stay up there consisted of about 5 days of work in 3 weeks, even after proving to be an excellent worker and finishing early at the jobs they managed to find me. 5 days work after the expenses of staying in their hostel did not cover the cost of food so in fact I was losing money.
    One more argument against them: if you're planning to get your 2nd year visa days done, working hostels often offer you work on several different farms so even if you do stay the full 3 months there, you might only have half of the required 88 days done.
    (Looking for work myself now as well so if you guys find something interesting, feel free to message me as well)
    Private_message
    Hi !! When and Where ?? :)
    Private_message
    Yea i would also start asap,but I have no car/van. To travel by bus/train/foot could be also a possibility. To meet in the the city to talk about sounds good :)any idea when? Best regards
    Private_message
    jes i"m in !!! gona fly to melbourne in a few days, to find a job !!!
    where are u ?
    Private_message
    im interested as well and i have to start as soon as possible. i can meet at 12pm tomorrow
    Private_message
    i really want to get farm job

Private_message
    hey guys if anyone is interested we cam meet tomorrow at the tourist information centre in fed square at 12pm then we can take it from there! I'll be the guy in the green jersey at the front door!

my number is 0414 289618
    Private_message
    we just got in melbourne, we are two, of you know some decent place and you want to share that would be lovely! thanks
    I have a friend is coming back from shepperton, he was working but 8$/h

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.