• Hey guys!

I'd really like to do the GRO on Easter, since it's a long weekend. I'd like to do it from the 28th/29th of March till the 1st of April. Anyone out there having similar plans? Maybe we could rent a car and go for it, sharing the fuel costs etc. Naturally, the more people, the lower the costs :) Anyone?
    Private_message
    I'm very interested ! I'm living in Canberra for 4 months and would love to do the Great Ocean Road ! I'm looking for a plan as well for easter week end. Are you thinking about bringing tents and camping gear for the trip ?
    Private_message
    I so would LOVE to do the GOC as well! Seems like perfect easter plan. Unfortunately I dont have even a driver license. I can arrange the tents though (A) Anyways - what's your plans so far? I would love to join.
    Private_message
    Hey! I was planning to do the same but with a tour like Jenny, but this would so much more fun :) I'm definitely in. I think with a number of people interested, we can probably rent a camper van.
    Private_message
    I am in as well, do have driving licence, camping fishing etc.
    Private_message
    Anyone knows how much it costs to rent a van/car ? And if there are enough tents for everyone ? If we decide to do this we should organize asap :)
    Private_message
    Hi guys--your trip sounds fabulous (especially camping). Alas my tent is currently in Japan, but I have a sleeping bag and drivers license so could help with driving. However, I do have class until friday early afternoon, so i wouldn't be able to leave until then. How long were you all hoping to go for?
    Private_message
    I was actually planing to catch a plane on the 29th also (from canberra), so maybe if we left on the 29th in the afternoon, it would be perfect for me. I don't have a tent either, but maybe we could share if anyone has a big tent? I also have a sleeping bag but no drivers licence :(
    Private_message
    Well i think going on friday and turning on monday would be very good :)
    Private_message
    I think car hire for 5 people is about 300$ for 3-4days, plus fuel. I don't know how much it would be for a camper van.. We should probably count the number of tents we all have and who will be up for the driving ?
    Private_message
    I don't have a tent, but I have a sleeping bag, drivers license, and can provide cooking supplies :) I'm free all Easter week so let me know what days work :)
    Private_message
    For me friday afternoon would be perfect! I have a driving license aswell!
    Private_message
    Hey! If anyone interested in going to GOR, me and my friend and probably 1 other guy are going there on 28.3 to 31.3. We've already booked a car in Hertz, but it's without insurance, I guess it would be around 240$ + fuel for 4 people. We will sleep in a tent. It would be great if someone with good driving skills can join us...
    Private_message
    Awesome Jenny ! I have a sleeping bag and a (small) tent for 2 (if you're interested Jennifer). I hope we can organize something soon so my plane tickets to Melbourne won't be too expensive haha :)
    Private_message
    definitely interested--this will be my first camping in oz (woot). i can provide cooking pots/utensils/what-have-yous if you've got the tent. team awesome. Count me in for leaving friday and camping for however many days. does anyone else have a tent? i can ask around next week...
    Private_message
    Sure it will be so much fun ! Don't forget to put your names on the list asap so we can organize better http://doodle.com/r6uizhph5yx9iyrb ;)
    Private_message
    I am interested, as well. But I only have a driver license. No cooking stuff or tent.
    Private_message
    http://www.allcampinghire.com.au/products.htm#Tents

the four person tent would probably squeeze five of us if necessary...just a thought if we can't find people with tents/borrow them :)
    Private_message
    Yep good idea. If we need to hire some more camping gear like a burner or a ice chest, (unless someone awesome is fully equipped :) ) we could divide all the cost and set up a budget estimation for each person. (Cars or van hire / Fuel / Food and extra costs) ?
    Private_message
    Jennifer that sounds actually good because all equipment is provided ! if we are more than 6, let's say 7 or 8, maybe we could hire two of them and still all go together ?
    Private_message
    Hey guys! I'm seeing some people on Monday 6 pm in front of the state library, just to gather people together and see how many would actually be going. Feel free to join, apparently quite a few people have similar plans for Easter :)
    Private_message
    ah sweet! I will be there on monday!
    Private_message
    i'll be in class monday, but let me know what you guys decide :)
    Private_message
    OK Guys so apparently it's better if we leave in the morning, because the camp at Johanna's beach (beautiful free camp spot) will be full full full because of easter week end.
    If we leave in the afternoon, and still want to have a spot there, we will have to rush (3hours ride) and we will not enjoy the beautiful beaches of GOR !
    So... apparently it is public holidays on friday and if no one has to work, we could leave friday, early morning? That way we can ride all day and still make it to the camp on time. So that would be from Friday to Monday?

(JinNuri was offering to maybe try to hold us a spot at the camping if there's really no other option than Friday afternoon, but we don't know if we will manage to do it, so it's just an eventuality for now) :)
    Private_message
    Hey guys!
    Such a good idea to do the GOR on Easter! I would love to get in if there's still some space for me in the vehicle.;) Have a driving license as well;)

Nathalie
    Private_message
    I totally agrre with lin, well i went to south east (wilsons prom etc), and we could not find a place even at caravan parks, it was just 3 day labor weekend, now it is 4 days i am pretty sure everywhere is going to be packed leaving in the morning may not help. So it is better to have a back up plan just incase that place is full. Anyways see you on monday, we will discuss everything in details i guess. Bye 4 now
    Private_message
    You will get a spot at Johanna easy, it's a big place......local knowledge haha. BUT if the Rip Curl Pro gets transferred to that beach, which is very rare, the place will be full for one day only.
    Private_message
    My friends from Sydney and us doing Great Ocean Walk this Easter. We planning to camp out Thursday arvo - Monday morn at Aire River with Johanna Beach as a back up camp. We may have a couple seats in a car, if someone interested...
    P.S. Nuri, I still have your number from tomato trip :)
    Vlad
    Private_message
    If the place is full it's simple to knock on a property owners door and ask if you can camp on their property, provided you are respectful of them and their land, They are all fairly good people down that way!
    Private_message
    Hi, I was thinking of going there for eastern too, if there is still a seat left,or if we need to rent another car, plz let me know... I ve got a tent and driver licence (but not really use to drive on the wrong side of the road though...)
    Jc
    Private_message
    Damn just seen the post about the meeting, won't make it but count me in!
    Private_message
    Hey guys where are you at the moment, can somebody text me, i just got to the library
    Private_message
    Oh four oh four 424 five seven five
    Private_message
    anyone want to go for 2 days only 31st and 1 st? Sunday-Monday? I dont have a car nor drive license but I really want to see GDO.I have tent :) PLease call me 614699 74 500
    Private_message
    Hi All coming to do the Great Ocean Road.Rip Curl Pro is on and it is just around the corner from us.You are welcome to park your van on our property.Have a shower,cook food, whatever you would like to do.Our address is 99 Sunset Strip Jan Juc.Hope to see you.
    Annie & Fledge
    Mobile 0409 406993
    e-mail anniemiller3@hotmail.com

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.