• Hey there. I'm arriving into Melbourne on the 11th and would be happy to find others who know of a good space to practice meditation (Vipassana) and yoga (Sivananda Hatha). I'm an instructor and would be happy to lead a class in either.
    Thanks!
    PS I'll be in town for 4 days
    PSS I'm also a veterinary doctor so bring your animal question :)
    Private_message
    hye id llove to do yoga and mediitation too .. let me know if there is soemthing on.. i'll let u know too if i get to know something.. private msg me..
    Private_message
    Happy to see you guys are interested but still waiting to hear if there is a space that we can use.
    Anyone?
    Thanks,
    Mark.
    Private_message
    I think the Gardens are the best..l'll check with my cousin the best quite gardens and get back to you.
    Private_message
    i would love to attend. the stilling of the mind is something i need to pursue
    Private_message
    Hey everyone.
    What Kah mentioned is for those who have already done a 10 day Vipassana course (I have but I'm guessing most who have replied have not). As such I'm looking into the park option and will contact the meditation center as well.
    If anyone has headphone splitters (I have one) that would be excellent so that we can either listen to an MP3 of a meditation coach or meditate in silence. I'm OK either way but for beginners it's nice to have a coach reminding you to bring your attention back to the breath.
    More to come...
    Kah, any news on locations?
    Thanks,
    Mark.
    Private_message
    OK here's the plan!
    Let's meet at the Royal Botanical Gardens on TUESDAY at 10:30am
    This gives everyone the opportunity to take the free shuttle that beings at 9:30am. Let's meet at the visitor's center then find a good quite place. I'm planning a 1 hour meditation, but if it's too long for most we can do 30 minutes or so.
    Remember to bring headphones and splitters so that that those who want instruction can have it.
    Mark
    Private_message
    Sorry for being so late! Are you doing it again either tomorrow afternoon/Thu?
    thanks,
    Patty
    Private_message
    Hi everyone,
    I am beginners, never did meditation but yoga yes.
    Would like to know more about and of course experience it!
    Is the one tomorrow at 10.30 is open to everyone?
    Thanks
    Private_message
    Howdy. The meditation was excellent. I wish I was staying here longer so as to coordinate more sittings. For those interested check out www.dhamma.org to take a free (by donation) 10 day course in order to really establish yourself in the Vipassana meditation technique. Otherwise, the Brama Kumari center (see the entry above) in Fitzroy opens at noon daily and closes at 7pm weekdays, 5pm weekends and has a free meditation room.
    Keep on meditating.
    Mark
    PS I'm off to New Zealand tomorrow and don't know when I'll return.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.