• Hi guys,
    Lately this conversation feature seems to have debuted here at couchsurfing.com, leading to about 7 emails per day from this group from people needing emergency couches, people having parties, etc etc. I really do not want to receive these emails - I have made sure all my subscriptions settings for groups were set to 'no communication', but still they come. I dont understand. Is there any admin here who could help, and/or anyone else who feels the same about these emails??
    thanks,
    aviv
    Private_message
    Hey Aviv, I am not an admin here but could suggest you the following steps to unsubscribe the notification emails:
    Once you are logged in to this site, you would be able to see a "following" link on the right hand side top corner, click on that and check the button that says No email digest and uncheck the box that says "let me know when someone responds to a conversation...." and also click on "unfollow"...once this is done you would not receive any unwanted emails..
    Private_message
    Thanks Kevin, yes I finally figured it out, thanks. Funny enough I didn't receive your helpful response in my email box, though Mark I did get yours. Sloppy... ok as Kevin said, you have to go into the group itself, not your group settings, and click "following" and actively deselect receiving digests.

To be clear, this means that even if you've made sure that groups should never contact you by email in your group settings, they still can and will now. Once each group switches over to this new conversation format you will need to actively deselect them one by one to avoid getting heaps of unwanted, spammy email. That's ridiculous. Meanwhile, no matter how I try to work it out and set things different, I CANNOT work out how to receive couch requests directly to my email inbox!

And I am generally good at these things.

CS you're making me sad.. :(

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.