• Hola a todos!
    Could anybody help me with advice where can I buy a cell phone card in Mexico city? Can I buy it in airport as soon as I arrive for example? And what kind of card is the best option?
    Thanks!
    cheers
    Private_message
    Yep, you can get the card in any cellphone selling center. The same as José, I guess it will be more expensive to get in at the airport.
    There are two main cellphone providers in Mexico, Movistar and Telcel, I've heard Movistar has cheaper prices per call, however some people bet for telcel because of his "wider coverage", but if you're not going to be in rural areas or far away from cities, I guess you won't find any problem at using Movistar.

Please, wherever you chose to buy the card ask for them to set it up in your cell phone, sometimes phones are blocked and won't work with one or another provider, or -in rare ocasions- the cell-phone model needs a card of a specific size, if so they can help you find a place to buy the right card or, sometimes, they can even get it for you. Good luck and welcome to Mexico!
    Private_message
    No!!! First of all: what kind of phone do u have? If you have a open phone that works in any station you can buy any sim card (in México we have 4 companies, but you can buy easily 2 sim of the 2 biggest companies) . The price is around 8 - 12 dlls (telcel company) . Also another option is buy a cheap cellphone (12-15 dlls basic nokia phone). You should buy telcel company because have better coverage in other states, but if you´ll stay in MExico City any sim will be good. Also you DONT buy in the airport the price is bigger (50-80% more expensive). If you go to the zocalo you must buy it there, you can find prices like i say.
    Private_message
    No!!! First of all: what kind of phone do u have? If you have a open phone that works in any station you can buy any sim card (in México we have 4 companies, but you can buy easily 2 sim of the 2 biggest companies) . The price is around 8 - 12 dlls (telcel company) . Also another option is buy a cheap cellphone (12-15 dlls basic nokia phone). You should buy telcel company because have better coverage in other states, but if you´ll stay in MExico City any sim will be good. Also you DONT buy in the airport the price is bigger (50-80% more expensive). If you go to the zocalo you must buy it there, you can find prices like i say.
    Private_message
    Thank you very much for advices! Yeah I am heading to the Zocalo area form the airport so I better find it there. Thanks again and have a great New Years Eve everybody!!!
    Private_message
    how long are you staying in mexico city? maybe i can provide you for some sim card, or can go with you to buy someone, i live very near zocalo
    Private_message
    If you buy shit at the airport...EVERYTHING will be expensive there, but if you buy the chip on the streets of Tepito you can get it for about 50 pesos a chip no more than 80 pesos which is less than 8 dollars. If you want....we can hang out and I will show you around this city.
    Private_message
    You come to the house of Krotov?

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.