• Salut!

À chaque semaine, je rencontre des voyageurs qui me disent vouloir faire l'expérience du hockey de la NHL en allant voir un match des Canadiens de Montréal. J'en ai aidé plus d'un à se procurer des billets au Centre Bell, mais je me demandais s'il y aurait de l'intérêt pour former un groupe pour aller voir un match dans un endroit où il y a beaucoup d'ambiance comme au bar sportif Chez Serge dans le Mile-End?

Laissez-moi savoir et j'organiserai peut-être un évènement CS... =)

------------------------

Hey guys,

Every week or so I meet travelers who want to experience NHL hockey by attending a Montreal Canadiens game at the Bell Centre. I've helped quite a few people score some tickets, but I was wondering if CSers would be interested in forming a group to go watch a game in a lively sports bar like Chez Serge in the Mile-End?

Let me know and I could organize a CS event. . . =)
    Private_message
    I'm game, I still have to learn a lot about hockey. I'm not sure I know what you refer when you say "Mile-End"
    Private_message
    The Mile-End is a neighborhood not too far from the Plateau Mont-Royal. . .
    Private_message
    C'est sure que les gens seront intéresser :) Moi même je serais intéresser même si que je ne suis pas étranger, le seul hic, c'est que je ne parles pas très bien l'anglais, mais belle façon de s'améliorer.

--------------------------
    It is sure that people will be interested :) Myself I would be interested even if I am no stranger, the only problem is that I do not speak English very well, but a great way to improve .
    Private_message
    It's a great idea! I'd be in!
    Private_message
    Okay, looks like there is some interest, after all!

How about getting together for the Montréal-Toronto showdown next Wednesday, on February 27th?? If there is enough people down with the idea, I'll make a reservation at the sports bar Chez Serge.

They even have a mechanical bull. . . ;-)
    Private_message
    I'm not going to create an event before giving them a call and see what sort of reservation we can get. It's a mid-week game, so I figure it will be easier than weekend games. But given how popular Chez Serge is, I doubt I could get a reservation for a large group.

So we'll probably be keeping this to about 10 to 12 people, unless they say otherwise. Also, there is no way they'll allow us to keep any tables once the game begins. Which means that anyone interested in coming will have to show up in advance. . . Latecomers would probably get stuck standing in the back. . .

Stay tuned for more! =)
    Private_message
    Working on this, guys. . . =)

Should have confirmation tomorrow. . .
    Private_message
    Okay, here's the lowdown. . .

In order to get a group reservation at the popular Chez Serge, everyone needs to pay up 25$ on arrival. That amount will be exchanged for vouchers worth the same sum. They don't want freeloaders to prevent paying customers from enjoying the game. Problem is, it forces everyone to spend 25$ during the game, otherwise you lose some money.

I'm not down with that idea, so Chez Serge is out in terms of venue. But a Montréal-Toronto showdown is quite popular, so we have to make a reservation ASAP.

What do you guys think of organizing our little get-together either at Champs Bar on St-Laurent or at la Cage aux Sports in Old Montréal? Maybe not as lively as Chez Serge, but we wouldn't have to pay up a certain amount of money up front.

What say you??
    Private_message
    I think it would cost you the same, going to either Champs, Cage aux Sports or even Chez Serge. I've had many great times there. But I'd you guys for a CH game, anywhere!
    Private_message
    Not really, as most people wouldn't spend 25$ on food and booze during the game. . .
    Private_message
    So, does anyone have a preference between Champs Bar and Cage aux Sports??

Let me know and we'll make it happen! =)
    Private_message
    Can another option be Station des Sports on St. Catherine and St. Marc (or Mathieu). You do not have to pay to get in, and they're good at handling large crowds. They wouldn't expect a deposit to be made, and you might be able to reserve a table with a tap!
    Private_message
    Let me make a few calls to see what our options are for a group of about 12 to 15 people. . . Don't know exactly where we'll end up, but save your Wednesday evening for this new edition of the CS hockey night in Montreal! ;-)
    Private_message
    No worries. . . Let's just hope for a win against the hated Maple Leafs. Will probably get back to you guys regarding the choice of venue tomorrow. . . =)
    Private_message
    All right, guys!

We have our reservation for Wednesday evening at Champs Sports Bar in the Mile-End. I've contacted everyone who posted in this thread, so check your inbox and please confirm your presence.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know and we'll see if we can add you to the reservation. I need to confirm our reservation with the management on Monday. After that, I'm not sure whether or not they'll let us add anymore people. . . As we speak, if everyone who said they were going to be there actually comes, we're about 15 people.

Looking forward to this Montréal-Toronto showdown!

Go Habs Go!! =)
    Private_message
    Okay, just to bring you up to speed with where we're at at the moment. Our initial reservation was for 15 people. I sent private messages to everyone who had shown interest, but I'm still waiting to hear back from a number of people. So here's our CS hockey crew so far:

- Me
    - Briseida and her guest
    - Emily
    - Michelle
    - Jess and Noémie
    - Alexander
    - Jônatas

As things stand, there are still 6 spots left. I'll know tomorrow evening when I contact the management whether or not I can change our reservation.

So on stand-by we have:

- Eva
    - Marie-Claude and her two Brazilian guests
    - Christian

By tomorrow night we'll be set. If anyone else would like to be part of the CS NHL hockey experience (you must be there at 7:00pm sharp, otherwise they might give our seats away), please make yourselves known and I'll see if we can get more people on our reservation.

Everything should be confirmed by tomorrow night...

Go Habs Go!! =)
    Private_message
    Sorry, I will not be able to attend for this event. Have fun guys!
    Private_message
    Celine and Peter, I'll confirm with you tonight whether or not you can join us. But I've just found out that two people won't be able to make it, so things look good for the two of you! ;-)
    Private_message
    Okay, everything is in order! So here's our CS hockey crew for Wednesday night:

- Me
    - Briseida and her guest
    - Emily
    - Michelle
    - Jess and Noémie
    - Alexander
    - Jônatas
    - Eva
    - Marie-Claude and her two Brazilian guests
    - Christian
    - Peter
    - Celine

See you all at 7:00pm sharp on Wednesday at Champs Sports Bar on St-Laurent! If you are late, I can't promise that you'll have a seat. . .

The management made it clear that they won't lose customers for such a big game, so please arrive on time.

See you there! =)
    Private_message
    Je suis à Québec cette semaine mais la prochaine fois je me joindrai sûrement à vous ;-)
    Private_message
    Just to clarify: I only have a reservation for the 16 people named in the aforementioned post. You can show up if you want, but I have no control as to whether or not you guys will be able to sit with or close too us.

Now Celine is feeling a bit under the weather and won't be able to join us. So I'll contact Julie to see if she wants her place.

If anyone else wants to come, contact me and I'll try to change our reservation tomorrow. But since the management didn't appear too thrilled to make one for 16 people, I'm not sure it will be possible.

Go Habs Go! =)
    Private_message
    The reservation is to my name. There are two floors and I have no idea where they'll spot us...

See you soon! =)
    Private_message
    Thanks to everyone who showed up! And a 5-2 victory for the Habs! We'll have to do it again! ;-)

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.