• Hi everyone,

My name is Maaike, I just moved to Yantai a few weeks ago to teach English here. I'm going to be here for at least a year and I'd like to make some friends! Are there any CS meetups here in Yantai? I've been looking through the message archive of this group, but any messages about meetings seem to be pretty old! So I thought I'd just post a new message and hopefully someone can tell me about any meetings that are happening, or maybe we can start a new one. :D

I'm also looking for a Chinese teacher. I've been studying Chinese on my own for a bit, but I'm not progressing very fast as I don't know anyone patient enough to test my newly gained skills on. :D Can anyone recommend any private teachers or language schools in Yantai, or do you know anyone who would be willing to set up a regular language exchange (once a week, for example)? I'm an English teacher, so obviously I can help you with English, but I can also teach you Dutch (I am Dutch). Or the basics of French, German or Finnish. :D

Looking forward to meeting new people!

Maaike
    Private_message
    Hi Maaike,

Welcome to Yantai! Actually I myself is relatively new to this city too. (came here from Beijing a yr ago)

Where about are you in Yantai? not sure if you are only into professional language tutoring or not. If you are also interested in casual language exchange, there is a weekly gathering in a cafe in Kai Fa Qu. A group of local English learners gather every Sunday to practice English. They also organize outing trips from time to time. You will make some local friends there and possibly some language exchange tutors.

For serious language courses, I think Cristiano knows better...

If you are not far from Kai Faqu, you can check out Lakasa, a western restaurant by the beach on Friday. It is a popular place among the international community here.

Hope this helps

Private_message
    Hi Cristiano and Mack,

Many thanks for your messages! It's nice to hear there are at least some active CS-ers in Yantai. :D

I actually live in Kai Fa Qu, so the language exchange meeting sounds like a lot of fun! When is it exactly? I'd love to attend and make some new friends. :D

All the best,
    Maaike
    Private_message
    There should be one tomorrow morning from 9:30-11:00 on the 2nd floor of a cafe named Shang Ke Lin(尚客林休闲餐厅)which is right across the street from the shopping center Cai Yun Cheng. You can't miss it.
    Private_message
    Thanks for the details, Mack! I know the place, but unfortunately I have to work on Sunday mornings until 11:15, so I won't be able to attend the meetings... If anything changes in the meetup time I'd love to hear about it though!

Thanks,
    Maaike
    Private_message
    is any meeting recently,i just moved to yantai,i live in lai shan qu,hope to making friends with you guys here...looking forward it..
    Private_message
    Hello everyone,

my name is Ying,I am a local person,I now want to find an English teacher to practise oral English or business manners etc.I'm a little shy so he or she should be talkative,experience of teaching Chinese is better,now working in firms are OK either.
    The teaching time and the payment we can talk through phone or face to face.
    If you interest in it and need more information, please contact me at any time.
    My phone number is 15564511708.
    Private_message
    I live in laishan too!not many CS here,and I'm new in this post bar...and,i have a headache about english...but i like make friends,if any meetting,let me know~
    Private_message
    Oh...hey...I'm also in Laishan,and my friends here.
    Private_message
    Hey,you here.Hope there are some new meetings in Yantai.
    Private_message
    hey,dont know wether it's too late to participate in this conversation~I am a college student in yantai,willing to teach you Chinese and it's even better if you can as well improve my English..Best wishes..Need more details,please contact 1552178862@qq.com
    Private_message
    Moi, Maaike,

Welcome to Yantai! I am a native but not in Yantai. It is Laizhou( if you have heard this small city) in the west of Yantai.

I am just curious that you can speak Finnish. I only know the basics although I have been in Finland for 4 years :P Also I am interested in learning German. I have been in Germany for half year either.But my place is not so close to Yantai. Would you join me in Facebook (Yongjie Huang) or Skype (bazooka270). my hp 13645446286.
    Private_message
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for all the friendly messages, but I have left Yantai by now! I posted the initial message over a year ago. :D I'm sure there are plenty of other foreigners wanting to make friends and learning Chinese, so I hope someone will respond to you!

Maaike

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.