• Hey Fellow CS'ers,

I'm going to be in HK for New Years. I arrive 28, December and stay till 2, January. I've never been to HK and would love to meet up with locals who could show me around or travelers who are looking to explore together. Also, if anyone has any ideas for New Years or would like to extend an invite that would be awesome as well. Thanks and Happy Holidays to you all!

- Kevin
    Private_message
    Hi Kevin! I'll be in Hong Kong for a similar amount of time. i dont know the plans yet, but i'll give you a shout? it'd be cool to meet up!
    Private_message
    I'm already here, trying to put together a group for pre drinks, also working on finding a good hostel.
    Private_message
    I'm interested in hanging out, I'm there from the 29th to the 4th! Tom -- is it still possible to find hostels at this late notice? I'm struggling, do you have any tips. All the hosts here seem to have people already as well!
    Private_message
    I'm arriving HK on the 28th and staying until 2nd too. Keen to meet traveler or local to explore HK or Macau together? Let me know...
    Private_message
    Hey guys ! I'll arrive on the 28th and I'll stay the 2nd too. I'll be happy to join u
    Same as you Jessica. Quite hard to find a place somewhere...
    Private_message
    we're also arriving on these dates (28-1.1), there must be a solution, perhaps we can all keep each other warm when we sleep in the street :) or open a squat together
    Private_message
    Yeah, I don't know about new year but there is a lot of places in and around mirador mansion on Nathan road metro exit east tsimshatsui. Garden hostel is 100 hkd for dorm. They seem to be the cheapest but are quite grubby. Budget accommodation isn't in a good place here, but who cares its Christmas, message if you want to meet up. Let the good times roll, ho ho ho.
    Private_message
    Hi
    I am also in HK for my first time and want to party in the new year eve,
    I don't have cell phone and I don't have a place to stay
    but I am really nice and flexible :)
    So I will be up to any party :))
    Private_message
    Wow It`s seems I`ll meet a lot of new friends for the New Year`s Eve! Jingle bells, jingle bells! Merry Christmas everybody! I will arrive on Dec 30, and stayed til 4/5th Jan. hope to meet you all! Cheers!
    Private_message
    Hi all, sounds cool, I may come on 29th. where will the dinner hold?

p.s. Tom has the right idea, If you guys are looking for a budget hostel, better look at Chung King Mansion, its locate in Tsim Sha Tsui, Nathan Road. There have a lots of hostel or guest house in different floor, its a good location to stay in Hong Kong, around 80-100hkd for a dorm, for a room cost around 150 to 350hkd or up, depends on whats room you are looking for, maybe more expensive cause of the xmas & NY hoildays;)

Seeya,
    Angel

Private_message
    Hi all, I'd like to enjoy the NYE with the other CSers as well. Can anyone volunteer to organize a NYE event for us?
    Private_message
    YEAAAH ME AND MY FRIEND WANNA JOIN AS WELL!? Shall we set a time and place? Who wants to watch the fireworks at the harbour? Should be really pretty. Tabé
    Private_message
    I'm Guiru from mainland China, No. 15105298351, i'm currently live in the youth hostel, and will be hosted on 28th an 29th, so i'm looking for someone who can host me on 30th, 31st or 1st jan, because they are out of bed by then.
    Kisses
    Private_message
    Hello Kevin,
    We arranged a boat trip on 31st, we will countdown and watch firework in the boat / junk.
    If you are interested to join us..please let me know.
    Cheers,
    Jessica
    Private_message
    seems i missed everyone's message. Yee Ming, Evy, Kiki wan, Guiru, if you guys want to join the boat trip , please do let me know.
    My friend arrange it for her brother, it is really last mins, so we got more space to someone who want to enjoy firework in the harbour.
    More details, please message me!
    Cheers,
    Jessica
    Private_message
    Hello guys!!!

I am intersted to join you all for new year event. I will in hong kong for few days starting from 30th of december. Jessica the boat sems to be great idea...

Cheers
    Amr
    Private_message
    Hello Amr and Marco ...

It is a big boat, it could fit into at least 35 to 40 people, my friend and i arranged it for her brother but it is a little bit last mins, we have around 15 people at the moment, it doesn't affect us much if we don't have up to 35 people, because we don't need to pay for the boat, but we will arrange the snakes and drinks for the event, please send message / call me at 98269275, i can share the details with you guys.

Cheers,
    Jessica
    Private_message
    Hi
    sorry to jump in
    sounds like a great thing for new eve
    I didn't understand how much it cost?
    I don't have a cell phone
    my email is lit.bern@gmail.com
    Private_message
    Hi my friend Pebbles and I arrived yesterdaymorning, and we would love to join you!
    Private_message
    Hello Lital and Sibel....

You can get in touch with me at shan_shanw@yahoo.com.hk or 9826 9275 if you want to know more information and arrangement.

Cheers,
    J
    Private_message
    ok, great.. Jessica..

i see many replies :) which is great... Shall we set time and place to meet. I will arrive 30th in the afternoon ..
    Private_message
    Hi Jessica

are there still any room for more people ?

thanks

suki
    Private_message
    Hi Jessica!
    wondering is there any place for 3 girls? My two friends are also in town now for the new year.
    wanna celebrate it on a big boat with CSers :)

Thanks
    Corine
    Private_message
    me and my friend would also like to join. is there a location where you guys meet?
    Private_message
    Hello Jessica! I've also texted you :)
    Private_message
    Hey guys I will be arriving tomorrow morning in Hong Kong and I am hoping to meet someone to have some fun! my cel number : 86 15839263113
    Private_message
    Guys, it seems like nothing is finalized ..do you guys wanna meet at a particular place and then we can head to club in LKF or any place of common interest?
    Private_message
    How about we all go to West Kowloon shore around 9-10pm, BYOB (bring your own drinks/snacks), count down and see the firework together? We can go for drinks/dance in LKF or somewhere like that afterward.
    Private_message
    hello Jessica, I sent you a message about the boat thing. It'd be great if we can join you!
    Private_message
    The boat trip is actually full. Jessica replied me this afternoon.
    Private_message
    Hi Evy

So how's the arrangement to west Kowloon or lkf drink ? I would love to join ....
    Private_message
    Hi Suki ,no budy seems to be closing in, I am up for catching up before we hit to a club tomorrow night.

Guys plz confirm your participation so things can be planned by afternoon.
    Private_message
    I think my idea is similar to Tom Knight's idea, i dun want to make another event of the same thing.
    I hope a plan with a exact meeting time and location will come out soon...
    Private_message
    I just arrived here and would like to join for tomorrow night as well. I'll check back tomorrow for the meeting time and location.
    Private_message
    FYI
    I just noticed the other thread said:

All right, lets all just meet up at the Hong Kong china ferry terminal next to the royal pacific hotel and towers at 8pm. We can go from there.
    Private_message
    guys , all those in plz confirm on Tom's conversation he has started a new one.

See you all in the evening.for those who cant make it..wish you a happy new year in advance...Cheers

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.