• The true is the rental price of an apartment in Hong Kong is extremely high!!!!! You will see how crowded when you get here. Google it. And this is also why the hotel are so expensive here. So most of the family in HK couldn't offer a couch even if we really really want to.

If you couldn't find a couch. Don't be mad. HKer are still very friendly and kind. You can contact for a tour around the city. Let us show you.
    Private_message
    Hi Fion..thats true ...been to HK many times...but even when I offer to pay someone for short stay there is very little response...pity
    Private_message
    It's not about the money. It's about the space!!! HK families even don't have enough space for themselves. Most of them didn't have an avail able couch.
    Private_message
    you are right....and its totally understandable...I just always feel better helping individuals rather than paying hotels...I'll even try and help or support in the longer run....I love business...but I love people more...
    Private_message
    so true, i m HKese and i paid half of my salary to rent a studio which is only big enough to place one sofa bed n that is where i sleep every night...
    Private_message
    WOW....Camping in HK is like Camping between concrete jungle....
    Private_message
    Fion:

Actually there is plenty of open space outside the main parts of HK and Kowloon and there is space for visitors outside of the high rises in village houses.
    Private_message
    Good. Like where??? Can you give some advise???
    Private_message
    There are so many good places for camping in hk! Of course don't expect to be close to the main tourist areas. Try places in Sai Kung, Lantau Island, South HK island.

On Lantau Island, Pui O there is a nice camp site. I hear it can get busy on holidays but otherwise it is a lovely place next to the beach. There is an area of wetlands next to it where you can see water buffalo wallowing in the mud. Yes, I'm talking about HK!

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.