• Ciao everyone!!!
    I'm Simona, I'm a 33 years old Italian girl and I'm going to be in Rio from 17th of December to January 6th.
    I am used to travel alone and I always try to meet as many local people as possible to get a better insight of the culture and life of the country I'm visiting. That's why I'm looking forward to meet new friends in town to have a chat with, go out for a beer and have fun.
    I don't have any plans yet for NYE... any proposal/advice/suggestion?
    Cheers
    Simona
    Private_message
    Hello Simona and everyone!

My name is Egle, I am 24, originally from Lithuania but have been living in Northern Ireland for the past 7 years.

I am coming to Rio on 10th December and will stay here until after new years (2nd or 3rd of January). I have never been to Rio, crossed the Atlantic or traveled alone before so this is totally new experience for me and i am extremely excited! :)

I am open to any suggestions as I also have no plans for New Year's (and other dates for that matter) but desire to meet as many people, visit as many places and learn about Brazilian culture as much as I possibly can.

I hope to meet you all in Rio and share wonderful time!

warm hugs,
    Egle

Private_message
    Hola Julian,

Yo voy a Buenos Aires desde el 22 hasta el 28 de diciembre, el 29 regreso a Rio.

Mantenemonos en contacto y pasamos el Revellion juntos!!! Todavìa no hay actvidades para el Revellion en CS, creo que saldrà algo en cuanto la fecha se acerque.

Mi contacto facebook es simona.somma31

Abrazos
    Simona
    Private_message
    Hi Egle,

I'll be in Rio starting from Dec 17th, let's keep in touch and meet in Rio :)

Cheers
    Simona
    Private_message
    Hello everybody!!

Me too, I'm up for anything... Copacabana, Ipanema, party house :), the important is having fun all together!

Adam you are already in town, let us know if something pops up.

Yayyyyyyyyyyy can't wait for it :)))

cheers
    Private_message
    Muy bien!!! seguimos hablando del asunto entonces :)

saludos
    Private_message
    hola simona! soy gigi y soy... italiano, de napoles! io e la mia amica barbara saremo a rio dal 24 dicembre al 2 gennaio e che ne dici di vederci? posso aggiungerti su fb? mi trovi come luigi ricciardi.
    baci!
    gigi
    Private_message
    Certo che puoi aggiungermi su fb (simona.somma31) e certo che ci vediamo a Rio :)

a presto,
    Simona
    Private_message
    Ciao Oscar,

I'm going to Ilha Grande at the beginning of January, let me know if you'll be in Rio in December and in NEY:)

cheers
    Simona
    Private_message
    I will be hosting a big pool party at my place during that period in copacabana. I will be posting the details in CS soon. Come to the thursday CS meeting in copacabana, its easier to invite if you have met in person.Looking forward to see you all.
    Private_message
    Hey Simona and everybody else!My name is César, I'm 20 and I'm from Colombia. This will be my first time in Brazil and I'm going to Fortaleza, Natal, Salvador, Rio, Floripa and Sao Pailo. I'm also going to rio on NYE with a friend of mine, hope to see you all there and have an amazing time!
    Private_message
    Hi all, I think I will be in Rio for NYE also, I will spend the last week if November in Sao Paulo before heading to Rio at the beginning of December and staying there for xmas and NYE. It would be great to go to one of the NYE parties that people have mentioned on here.
    Private_message
    Ciaooooo,

wow!!! thank you all for replying to my post.. seems like we are going to have fun on NYE :)

Did everybody find a place where to stay in that period? Rio looks pretty crowded.

cheers
    Simona
    Private_message
    A lot of traveler said me that to go to Rio it's a lot of easier to booked an hostel than find a couchsurfer.
    But if we are a lot, maybe we can booked a house and share with everybody…
    Private_message
    Dear all, Im Selina Im from Italy and I just booked a ONE WAY ticket to Rio. I ll arrive with my boyfriend Walter the 8 of december and I think we re going to stay in Rio for NYE..then we re travelling south for Argentina and Chile.Hoping to find some work!! I still didn send any couch request, because I was thinking is too early..but is look like many people are coming to Rio!!Do you think I should start to search a couch? We never been to south America and Im a bit scare..many people told me that Brazil is the most dangerous state of the world!! Is that true?
    I really hope to see all of you and have a great time for NYE. The 12 december is also my birthday..I wish we could go out for a drink?
    Private_message
    holaaa !! yo voy a estar en Rio también tratando de conocer lo más q pueda . y voy a estar el 31 de diciembre y no sé a donde ir para pasar una buena fiesta

nos gustaría ir con ustedes si quisieran a recorrer!!

como podemos comunicarnos!!!??? mandame un mensaje privado

nosotros vamos a estar del 31 al 10 por ahí. podemos encontrarnos!
    Private_message
    hi ! im going to Rio on 31 december. and i would like to meet people and enjoy the new year with you!

i want to know where are parties to go or something.

please write me and we can meet each other.

Private_message
    Hi!!!

i would like to go to that party on RIO!!!

i arrived to sao paulo on 30 and I think that on 31 or 30 at night i will be in rio, but i would like to know how to go to that beach.

Im dreaming with a party on the beach!!

tell me more about revellion ! pleaseeee im really ansious haha
    Private_message
    adeline!!! that´s the greatest idea!!!
    we can investigate about houeses to rent and rent something in a group . meet new people and enjoy for some days.

i will be on 31 december there and i come back to uruguay on 10th
    Private_message
    Pawan this is a great idea!!! I would personally prefer to go to a private party or to a CSs party rather than copacabana.

cheers
    Private_message
    Adeline that's a great idea! My friends and I are looking for a cheap place to stay from 27th onwards because the hostels get really expensive from that date on! We should post this idea of a house rental on a new thread!

We are 2 girls, one boy, plus two more guys that arrive the 28th, and we're leaving Rio the 1 of January.
    Private_message
    @emery. sleeping in the beach is the best option. but the problem it´s what to do with our cloth and the bag. we are not going to carry that weight all over the party.

what to you think if we rent something together with laura and her friends?

we can search some places. we are going to arrive on 30 dec and leave at 10 jan
    Private_message
    Hello everyone! I am arriving the 28th of dec. if its treu that it is hard to find a host or a normal priced hostel i am in for sharing a house. Am traveling alone and also single ticket to Rio thats were my world traveling starts. Looking forward to meet new people, keep me updated!
    Private_message
    My friends and I are also interested in share a house!!!
    Private_message
    Hola a todos!

2 mis amigos y yo llegaremos a Rio en 31 de deciembre y iremos a Manaus en 4 de enero. Entonces, vamos a pasar el Revellon en copacabana.

Ya tenemos el lugar para quedarnos (hemos rezervado un hostel) pero me gustaria mucho encontrar la gente de CS en Rio y pasar el Revellon juntos. Tambien estoy abierta para algunos ideas de celebracion (copacabana, un club nocturne, una fiesta de casa, etc).

Escribidme aqui si quereis celebrar el Revellon juntos:)

Espero que nos veamos muy pronto!

Julia
    Private_message
    HEY GUYS ! IM GOING TO RIO AS WELL ARRIVING DEC 28 I LL BE IN BUZIOS FOR NEW YEARS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE NO PLANS, GOING WITH A FRIEND WE BOTH LEAVE IN SEATTLE,WE PROBABLY WILL RENT A CAR IF ANYONE WANNA HANG OUT IM OPEN FOR ANYTHING! ALSO I DO SPEAK PORTUGUESE

OLA PESSOAL ! ESTAREI NO RIO PARA REIVEILLON IEREI PARA BUZIOS NA NOITE DO 31 NAIS ALEM DISSO NAO TENHO PLANOS SE ALGUEM QUISER FAZER ALGUMA COISA NAO TENHO NADA PROGAMADO
    Private_message
    Hi, Hola, Bonjour !

We will do a big meeting for NYE I guess.

But we have to organize a bit :

Meeting point
    How to reconize each other
    drinks

so for the place I guess we agree for =

COPACABANA

Partying the all night (as taxi and bus will be crowded)

And be with a lot of CS Friends from all over the world !

It's gonna be legendary !

Charles
    Private_message
    Hi everyone!
    I will also be in Rio in december and I'm thinking of staying there for NYE, but don't have any plans and also don't know where i'm going to stay.
    I'll be glad to join other people and have a great NYE.
    So, let me know!
    Private_message
    Hello Everyone, I’m Adriana and I will be in Rio for New Year’s Eve, well like all of you are. I’m traveling alone, I had to reserve my hostel like 3 months ago and it was hard to find, almost everything was booked. I will be staying in Lapa.

I arrive in Rio on Dec.29 and stay until Jan. 7. I would love to meet you and we can all celebrate and party together. Sounds awesome. I will keep checking for Updates
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hola a todos, yo soy Adriana y voy a pasar año Nuevo en Río, claro, como todos ustedes. Yo viajo sola y de hecho tuve que reservar el hostal desde hace 3 meses, fue difícil encontrar ya que todo estaba casi reservado. Me quedaré en Lapa.

Llego a Río el 29 de Dic y estaré hasta el 7 de enero. Me encataría poder concerlos y podemos celebrar e irnos de fiesta. Suena Genial!!! Bueno, estaré revisando para mantenerme al tanto. Saludos.
    Private_message
    i will be in rio too on new years eve! (from november 27th until january 2nd) i would love to meet nice people and have a good time together. i have booked a hostel until the 9th of december so far, after that i would really like the idea of renting a flat together!! looking foreward to a great time!
    Private_message
    hey, everyone. I am also coming to Rio on 12.12.12! Any plans for the end of the world? :) please let me know for suggestions for new year and xmass :) I will travel at least 6 months aground, so I will be happy to meet other travelers too
    Private_message
    Wow it looks like Rio is going to get a great crowd for NYE --

I've made plans throughout the year with some people in my travels (Mocambique, South Africa, Swtizerland, Japan, Morocco, Tunisia, France, Italy) to go to Rio for New Years -- we've all finally agreed so i'll be there just after Christmas w/ some couchsurfers from Yemen, Canada, Italy, Romania, China, the US -- we've rented a beachside apartment in Flamengo and another apt in Laranejiras so now just counting down the days!

excited to meet some other travelers! this should be fun!
    Private_message
    hey guys!
    hey here is my fb http://www.facebook.com/phill.deep if anyone wanna add me feel free, i ll be rio on the 28 dec, if wanna hang out let me know, i maybe be able to host in cabo frio. see u guys in rio
    Private_message
    Hello People!!!

I'll be there too! I expect to arrive to Rio from Sao Paulo on dec 28 or 29. I'm looking for friends and activities to NYE party and to know the city, Please write me at fdbaldeon@yahoo.com i am on facebook with that mail too.

Greetings from Peru

Freddy
    Private_message
    Hey everyone
    Im also coming for new years will be arriving 30th of dec so am def up for meeting some of you guys as i will be traveling alone.
    My email is sandra_2104_86@hotmail.com and you can find me on facebook or write me here. whatever you find more easy :)
    Cant wait!
    I will be staying some months trying to learn more portuguees and explore your amazing country so hopefully lots of time to meet you all.
    x
    Private_message
    Hello people!! I'm going to Rio to. I'm getting there the 20Th of December and stay there for a few days then I'm going to Buzios to meet some friends and see if I can get a job. I'm also traveling alone so it would be great to meet some people to hang in Rio during those days, any information about places to sleep or things to do any tips about directions places to see I'll receive.

Thank you, I really hope to see any of you there.

Agustin
    Private_message
    Hi Everyone.

We should definiltely meet...several time, as we will almost all arive some days before the NYE !

So keep in touch.

Charles
    Private_message
    Meus amigos eu ficaria muito feliz em receber todos aqui na minha casa.... eu moro em Nilópolis, uma cidade que fica coladinha no Rio de Janeiro....quem quiser vim aqui e passar uns dias legais e saborosos ( eu adoro cozinhar)--- ficaria muito feliz em ter amigos aqui em casa.. a minha casa e modesta e simples, aqui na minha cidade tem uma escola de samba ( BEIJA FLOR DE NILÓPOLIS ) eu moro a 27 km da praia e para a Ilha grande são 80,9 km, 1 hora 13 min , tenho Carro e seria um prazer levar amigos para Ilha grande. temos tambem outra casa que fica em Coro Grande(pertinho da ilha grande) vou deixar aqui meus telefones e quem quiser pode me ligar que será um prazer em receber amigos... CLARO-21-7690-7355 / TIM-21-7962-0479 abraços e espero ver vocês em breve.
    Private_message
    My friends I would be very happy to receive all here in my house .... I live in Nilópolis, a town coladinha in Rio de Janeiro .... whoever wants to come here and spend a few days cool and tasty (I love cooking) --- would be very happy to have friends here at home .. my house and modest and simple, here in my city has a samba school (BEIJA FLOR DE Nilópolis) I live 27 km from the beach and the island is 80.9 km wide, 1 hour 13 minutes, and would have Car a pleasure to take friends to grand Island. we also have another house that sits in Coro Grande (near the big island) I'll leave my phones here and anyone who wants can call me that will be a pleasure to welcome friends ... LIGHT-21-7690-7355 / TIM-21-7962-0479 hugs and hope to see you soon.
    Private_message
    I'll also be in rio from Dec20-jan 1!!! would love to meet fellow travelers/CSers/locals to hang out with and travel around with!
    Private_message
    hi !!! i just booked my ticket to rio, i'll be there the 30 of dec with 2 friends until the 15 of jen. We don't have where to sleep, lol.
    looking forward to meet you all !!
    Private_message
    so, how can we meet ?? what do you think about meeting the 31 at a certain point in copacabana ? with something distinctive. Anyone who knows copacabana ?? sorry for my english, see you guys!
    take care
    santiago
    Private_message
    Maybe its nice to organise some pre meetings on the 29th and 30th so that everybody can be introduced to eachother?? A populair cs bar could do the trick. Cheers
    Private_message
    I'm also in Rio over these dates, going to be alone so I would love to meet people/plan new year!! :)
    Private_message
    I'll be flying into Rio on NYE and need some fun and positive friends to enjoy the night with! It'd be great to connect with some of you awesome CS people in Rio!

(I'm also still looking for a couch for at least my backpack to live that night!)
    Private_message
    Ciao Simona .. Resterai qui molto tempo.. Possiamo incontrarci ..bere un birretta e chiachierare.. Saluti !
    Private_message
    Hello

I'm Brazilian and I'm living in rio, where do you will stay?
    Private_message
    i arrives to rio with one frein from chile we would like to join you
    Private_message
    Hey Simona, i'll be in Rio from Dec 30th. I have a friend from Rio who's organizing the night for NYE, I'll let you know!

Ciao,
    Giovanni
    Private_message
    Im also coming to spend new years in Rio (finally). Also looking for a new years party and a place to stay!
    Private_message
    Hi, I am arriving in Rio on the 23rd and plan to be there through NYE - sounds like there will be quite a crowd. :) I am super excited, can't wait to see how this will all work out, but I think some pre-meet ups are a great idea. I am up for meeting anyone anytime. :)
    Private_message
    Hey everyone! :D

I am soooo happy that I will stay in Rio this year for NYE! :D I will be there from 30th until the 3rd of January.
    I am coming with my boyfriend and it would be awesome to meet you all! :)

We are also still looking for a place to stay which you actually can pay....any suggestions for a cheap hostel or a host from CS? Or what is with the plan to rent a house? Does it work out? I would be happy about all solutions. :)

Cheers and see you all very soon! :)
    Private_message
    Hey!!! I'm also travelling to Rio for new year, from 28 to 7 of January, still don't have place to stay, is a good idea if all of us that don't have jet a place to stay rent an apartment or a house, what do you think!!!

Cheers!!!!! ujuuuu
    Private_message
    i think we can meet in some bar on the 30 at night...do you know where ???
    Private_message
    Hi guys...i am going to Rio as well for new years eve. Looking forward to meet you all. Where will be the meeting point on the 31st? Since this is my first time travelling to Rio, I am open to any suggestion. Cheers.
    Private_message
    I'm going to Copacabana too... I hope met you there.
    Are you planning to met at some specific place there??
    Private_message
    call my number and me and my friend can help u out in rio ----------the telephone number is 021 7572 0635 et is my nickname
    Private_message
    I want to go to Rio to for NYE too! Let's meet for a crazy reveillon!!!
    Private_message
    estou em rio. algueim quizer sair hoje?
    Private_message
    We will be in Copacabana !!!

Private_message
    Ciao Simona!

I am in Rio now, and will be there till the 2nd! still any plan at all!! all'avventura!!!
    Private_message
    Ciao Simona mi chiamo kleber i moro en jacarepagua perto da barra da tijuca, mas io estou en la casa di mi madre en santa teresa , stay there ate 4a feira, ainda nao sei onde vou passa ro NYE. Barra da Tijuca Beach or Yacth club at Botafogo are 2 of my options and u where do u think in NYE? Can be drink a beer at lapa ou copa on the week, what do u think? my msn and facebook is klebercl@hotmail.com, bacci kleber
    Private_message
    Hi, Simona I'm gonna stay in Rio 31th December, but I don't know for how long I will stay there, 'cause I have to visit my parents in Brasília. Luckily we meet each other.
    Private_message
    I'm going to Christ an maybe sugarloaf today if anyone wants to join. Message me or call me on +14074218536
    Ciao!
    Private_message
    Hey Simona!!! I'm from Sao Paulo and I will arrive in RIO next monday (dec 31st). I will stay there only to watch the fireworks at midnight and to watch david guetta concert after that...

I'm going alone and I'd like to have a friend to talk while celebrating 2013...

Feel free to contact me!!!

Ciao!!!

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.