• Could someone help me about these fares? I don't know how much is which one, but I know there is a weekly and monthly unlimited card for subways. PLZ? :)
    Private_message
    $104 monthly $29 weekly and $2.25 if you buy a $10 card. $2.50 is the standard fare if you don't buy any of the deals I mentioned.
    Private_message
    Ok, this is the deal.

- A single ride is $2.25 to go any where one way with a Metrocard.
    - Its $29 for a weekly pass that allows you 7 days of unlimited commuting for one person. More than one person can use it, but theres a 22 minutes time wait if you the other person wants to take the train/bus at the same stop.
    - A monthly pass is $104 and has the same benefits as a weekly metrocard, except for the extra time.

If you're traveling a lot (at least taking the train twice a day), I recommend the weekly or monthly unlimited depending on your stay here.

Gluck!
    Private_message
    thank you two! you helped me so much..
    I have another doubt..
    can these cards only be used on subways?
    hope we keep in touch!!!
    Private_message
    Metrocards are good for all subways and regular local buses. The unlimited metrocards are not good for express buses - they have flashing blue lights and as a tourist there isn't much need to take them so you should be good.
    Private_message
    Also if you buy more than $10 on a pass you get 7% more free (so 10=10.70, 20=21.40 etc)

With this discount, for the monthly the cutoff is approximately around 49 rides before it become worth it (I think)

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.