• Hey everybody!!
    Im planning on going to NY this summer.
    Im from Austria, Europe, and was wondering if you have any advise on:
    cheaps flights, a sensible decision on how to stay in NY for 1 1/2 months (appartement? couchsorfers? craigs list? hostel? shared flat?) and - of course - Id LOVE some infos about the artsy scene, Im into jazz, soul and dubstep, also contemporary dance.
    CHEERS :)
    Private_message
    The cheapest way would probably be to find a furnished sublet in a shared apartment on Criagslist. That is, unless somebody is willing to put you up for a long period of time on Couchsurfing. Some of the places on airbnb.com have reasonable weekly and monthly rates as well, and that is a bit safer.

You may want to stay in a hostel or something while looking for longer-term solutions. Don't commit to anything on Craigslist unless you (or somebody you trust) actually sees the place and meets the person.
    Private_message
    I would check Kayak.com for flights and agree with Jason about the place to stay. As for the scene, Terra Blues is a place I really like for Jazz. Smalls is a great hole in the wall for piano jazz though its been years since I've been there.
    Private_message
    Hey Jason and Joshua! Thank you guys so much- I really appreciate your advise. I think, planning my journey and taking the right steps might make it all much more relaxed! Ill def check out the Jazz places! Have a good day Cheers

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.