• Hi everyone,

I'm travelling through New York on the way to Montréal on a Wednesday night, and because of train schedules 6-7 hours "layover" between 11PM and 7AM. I'm just wondering:

-How safe is the Penn Station area in the wee hours?
    -What sorts of places might be open 24hours that would be safe to wait in (I'm fine with sitting in a restaurant or a hotel lobby if it's permitted!)?
    Private_message
    Penn Station is pretty sage these days. There is a police table in the main hall where the platform entrances are located. I am not sure what places are open but this is nyc something must be open. There are many places on the streets nearby also
    Private_message
    I think the Tick Tock Diner is nearby on 8th Avenue as well--they are always open and there are people in there late night. It's a good place to blow a few hours if you have nowhere else to go. Penn Station is safe but I wouldn't want to spend a few hours there unless I had to.
    Private_message
    Penn Station has a concourse with places to eat (pizza, McDonalds, Deli, Convenience Store, etc). Some of those should be open 24/7. There should also be a few fast food restaurants outside of it that are open 24/7. Penn Station is very safe as it always has police patrolling inside. The neighborhood around it is overall safe as well. The only place I would avoid is straying too far west (past 9th avenue), as there are less people there and it's a bit more industrial).
    Private_message
    Penn Station is fine and safe, and there are plenty of police/security that patrol it, just use your normal common/street sense. It all depends on whether or not you want to spend an uncomfortable night sleeping in it!
    Private_message
    Thanks for the hints guys

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.