• I want to take photography of people from the 5 continents showing their best smile to the camera, the idea is to send a message to the world that prove how important is to smile at life and make a change... No matter where are you from, the language you speak, the tradition of your culture or the color of your skin, everybody will be smiling to the camera, so people can notice that there is no boundaries to be happy...

Who want to help me to collect smiles, could be in Union Square or Time Square, or any place where you think people can be interested in this project.

If you want to know more about me, you can check my video of my couchsurfing experiences in the link below...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awooW12i670

Let me know if you want to be part of this project, thanks in advance a big hug and lot of love!

Cheers!
    Private_message
    Yesterday I went to the Ice Ring in front of the Rockefeller Center, and I thought would be a great Idea to start doing pictures in that place... Because you can see all the flags around and looks like a really busy point where you can find people from the 5 continents!...
    Private_message
    That's really cool Rim, thank you so much for the support!...
    Private_message
    If you want we can go out for a coffee, so we can meet and talk about the project
    Private_message
    i like your aim! i follow you and maybe you catch a smile :)
    Private_message
    Thanks Mathias!... at you at New York right now?...
    Would be great to count with you!
    Private_message
    I'm a german visiting NY. I like your idea. Maybe you want a german smile too. Get one in advance :-D
    Private_message
    Hi Roland, could be great to have a german smile!! until when are you staying at New York... lets put a date where all together can meet and talk about this idea!...and take the first pictures to inspire more people to get involved and smile for this project!
    Private_message
    Hi Roland, could be great to have a german smile!! until when are you staying at New York... lets put a date where all together can meet and talk about this idea!...and take the first pictures to inspire more people to get involved and smile for this project!
    Private_message
    hi can u take pictures of mine?? ;)
    Private_message
    Yes of course... to all the people that want to be in this project, and are not in New York, send me a picture of you with your best smile, looking straight to the camera... and if the picture is good enough and have a good resolution, I can include the picture in my final video, that will show all the countries around the world, sharing a smile....would be awesome.

Thanks so much!
    Private_message
    Well am staying in New York for the next two or three days.there's a lot of people around the world who are not able to smile because of their life events or status,i totally like your project..it's very positive seeing other people smiling their best it would give the world the hope when whatever the tunnel is dark and long there will be a light in the end,the power to cross the life difficulties to reach that happy moments,with your smile you can change your life statue and other people statues !
    Private_message
    Great job man!
    I'd be a part of it!
    Let's do this at CS weekly meet up.
    WE all CS do it.
    :D
    Big smile!
    Private_message
    Gilberto, Noura & Vova... thanks so much for the support!... Is incredible how something so simple, could be so important, and change your day. It's a great idea to do a smile photo-shoot of the CS weekly meet up... And then with the whole group maybe we can organize a smile collection on the street, asking to the people to smile... :)
    Private_message
    what days are you going to be doing this! i would love to be a part of it (while i am in the city myself) :)
    Private_message
    I will be participating of the CS weekly meet up, so we can start with the smiling faces of people in the meeting, and then we can plan when and who will help me to collect more smiles of random people in the streets... So lets meet up this thursday!!! Already looking forward to meet more CS couch surfers!

Roberto
    Private_message
    Roberto, this is an incredible idea. I would love to help out any way I can as my schedule is flexible at the moment. Smiling is a uniting force among all humanity, great way to help us realizes the WE ARE ALL THE SAME!....please contact me to start spreading the smiles : )
    Private_message
    Thanks Christian, I'm really happy more and more people is interested in be part of this project. Lets meet up today at the CS Weekly meet up. See you there!
    Private_message
    That was a good job, man!
    Good to meet you!
    See you tomorrow!
    Don't forget and don't fall asleep. LoL
    :D
    Private_message
    Thanks so much to all the couchsurfing friends that were in the meeting and let me take a picture of your wonderful smile, I'm really happy with the results, I'll let you know about the link with the pictures really soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awooW12i670
    Private_message
    Hi Roberto, i'm UN intern. I can organize few dozen of UN interns from all over the world for this SMILE photo session. We can do in in the front of UN Secretariat building and flags of all nations. What do you think?
    Private_message
    I want to be a part of your project :)
    I'm in NY right now.
    What I need to to?
    Private_message
    Ulyana... Thanks so much for your help in this project... you really make me smile :) I'm really excited of what we can achieve... This is like a snow ball falling down of a high Mountain, is getting bigger and bigger, so I'm really interested in meet you and talk about your ideas and how we can make an impact in peoples lives, sharing something so simple, but so precious at the same time...
    Private_message
    Sergey, how long are you staying at New York, I'm planning to set a date this week to make a call of volunteers that want to support the project and help me to collect smiles at Union Square. Let me know so we can coordinate the date.
    Private_message
    Come To my weekly cs meetup here in queens.
    On Friday. Here in woodside.
    This would be great as queens has alot of different kinds of people,
    Private_message
    I will be in NY to 13rd apr
    Ok still waiting for details :)
    Private_message
    I love your project I want to help, but you have to tell the day, time and place / me encanto tu proyecto quiero ayudar , pero tienes que avisar el dia, la hora y lugar
    Private_message
    I agree with Belem, just tell day, place and time and I´ll be there! thanks;

Inés
    Private_message
    Cool! I'd like to be a part of it!

-Jessica
    Private_message
    Cool projekt, say when and where we can meet you.
    Private_message
    Thats sounds like a pretty cool project! I wanna join!
    I am a Turkish girl from Germany who lives in NY.
    This weekend I'll be in Manhatten, so let me know if it works for u :)
    Private_message
    great idea dude! just don't forget to share the results with us
    Private_message
    Hi I'm Diana and live in NYC. I'm interested in smiling for the camera ! :) I'm on the right .
    Private_message
    Hi everyone, I'm glad there is a lot of people interested in be part of this project, we will send a big message to the world, I'm in Washington right now, and coming back to New York this weekend, so this is the plan:

This Saturday at 4 pm in front of Time Square Heart, I will be collecting smiles.

Volunteers can bring handmade posters with phrases like:

1.- Smile at life and make a change
    2.- Smile is free
    3.- Collecting Smiles
    4.- Just Smile

I'm working in a website and doing a logo for the project, but any help is really appreciated. If you want to know more about what we can do to really make an positive impact in people lives, you can add me to facebook at vip.iquique@gmail.com.

Thanks so much for your support.
    Private_message
    Ok, I just publish the event in the couchsurfing website.
    https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/events/collecting-smiles-new-york

Invite all your friends and share this idea with everyone you know!

Thanks again and hope to see everybody this saturday, a big hug!

:)
    Private_message
    Hey Lina, actually that's a pretty good idea, could be any language, so people from all over the globe can be involve!!

Private_message
    that nice one sir.my name is Boniface from Tanzania in east Africa and im artist sign i deal with art in the streets.i welcome you in this side to take our smile and to show others that we can smile much Africans .
    Private_message
    Boni, thanks so much for your enthusiasm and good energy, I hope I can travel the world collecting smiles! :)
    Private_message
    Hey! I'm Italian and i'm actually living for a year in NYC ... Would u like a mediterranean smile? :D
    Private_message
    Come to woodside queens Roberto, There is a place called corona very close to where I live. Maybe you can get some smiles from corona and woodside.
    Private_message
    I'll try to get there and help :D
    I'm a Polish girl living close to NYC since last August :)
    Private_message
    I would love to have your smile Tania!... thanks so much, please met us this wekeend at the Collecting Smile Event at 4:00 in Time Square.
    https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/events/collecting-smiles-new-york?place_id=new-york-new-york-united-states

Right now I'm at Washington DC, visiting for a couple of days, so if someone from Washington wanna join me in this project, please let me know so we can set a place and date for washington too.

I'm coming back to New York this saturday morning, so I will be able to go to Corona and Woodside since Saturday on too.

Thanks for all the support, and hope to met all of you there!
    Private_message
    Ok sounds good. We can hang out in some of the local pubs here in queens .
    Private_message
    Hey Roberto! Normally i will come to new york in May. I'm from France and i love photography! So if you need a smile, i'm here! :D
    Private_message
    We Will met at The front Of The statue where you can notice a big heart made Of wood... Is The same block where is the big red stairs
    Private_message
    Hi Roberto

Awesome project. I will be in New York on 6th and 7th of April and I would love to join. Is it still possible? :)

Good luck with your project :)
    Private_message
    Wish I could make it ! Got roped into working Saturday . Will you be doing this on another day or just saturday ? I actually live on 49th.
    Private_message
    That's cool Thanh, I will be making more open calls, so probably you can participate too when you get to NYC.

We just created a facebook page for the project, so we can upload the pictures of the event there.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/551412898216712/

Like our facebook page and invite more friends to share, like and inspire!
    Private_message
    gonna meet you guys at 4.00 at Times Square Heart
    Private_message
    We are already here, at Duffy Monument at the end of the red stairs 917 214 6514 is my number
    Private_message
    What are you doing after the pictures? JAJA like 9 pm!? =)
    Private_message
    Thanks to all the people that get involved in the project and all the smiles that we shared this afternoon!!... Was a great event, and we'll having already another date!

You can see some of the pictures from today in the Collecting Smiles Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/CollectingSmilesProject

Thanks for all the Support

If you want to participate again in our next event, don't miss the opportunity to be part of this project this Monday at 6pm in front of the ONU building, more detailed soon!

Roberto
    Private_message
    Hey when are you coming ou here to woodside and corona?
    Private_message
    i wanna be part of this project. and I will go to NYC this june, hope to know more about your project cuz i do believe smile is the most beautiful thing in the world~~
    Private_message
    Hi man,
    How's everything? I'm going to New York soon but I'm still in Brasil :-) but one day I'm sure I'll meet you! I watched your video and I loved it. I wish I had the nerve to do something like that. Congratulations is just what I have to say.
    Lots of hugs

P.S: By the way you've got a very beautiful smile. My sister would certainly try to steal a kiss from you! :-)
    Private_message
    Thanks Guys for the comments!

Monday 1 of April our new activity will take place at 6:00 pm

Knotted Gun Sculpture, United Nations Visitors Plaza, 1st Ave., New York, NY

Invite your friends and inspire more people to smile for life and make a change!

See you tomorrow!
    Private_message
    just update me for next project.. !
    would like to be part of it :)
    Private_message
    Can I be part of that too? :)
    Private_message
    Of course!!!
    Now I just created a facebook page for the project, I would really appreciate if you share the idea with your friends. Thanks!!
    http://www.facebook.com/CollectingSmilesProject
    Private_message
    yes i am up for a pic !!
    Private_message
    Good idea :) already shared your fb page...
    If you can use greenlandic smiles, there'll be two of us in town from the 3-8th of april :) around Greenwich. (It's still north american continent, but hey...)
    Private_message
    sounds good .. inbox me more details please
    Private_message
    I'm in ! Contact me ! I can meet you in NYC !
    Private_message
    I couldn't get there on time :( but I really think that this project is totally awesome :) until when are You staying in NYC ?
    Private_message
    I'm staying until 8 of April... I will be in the CS weekly meet up, so hope to see you there. :)
    Private_message
    Roberto,
    You will take new photos on CS weekly meet up? :)
    When and where it will be?
    Private_message
    Yes I will be taking pictures this Thursday in the CS weekly meet up.

You can check some of the pictures of last meeting in the link below. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200514599603953.1073741827.1126762679&type=3

and you can check the details of the event here:
    https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/events/cs-weekly-thursday-meetup-at-central-bar-new-york?place_id=new-york-new-york-united-states
    Private_message
    Cool Abbas, hope to see you at the meeting...

Everyone is welcome to join us, I will be happy to tell a little more about my project in the evening.

Thanks for all the support, a big hug
    :)

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.