• Hi all,
    I am thinking of coming to Oaxaca for February to study Spanish. Anyone have recommendations (or warnings) about the various Spanish schools in the city? Would probably be looking for something where there are 3-6 hours of instruction daily, and a home-stay. My current Spanish level is functional but not quite conversational (I could have written this message in Spanish, but it would have taken a little while).
    Thanks!
    -Liz-
    Private_message
    University of Benito Juarez in Oaxaca de Juarez is THE place. Good price, great professors. It's easy to find a room in a shared flat here as well (or a homestay as well)
    Private_message
    Spanish Magic - where I will be.
    Also good is Amigos del Sol and Solexico(there can be a lot of US university students there). Small schools = small classes. ICO, which is quite well known, sometimes gets a lot of the students as well - when I was there a couple of years ago all of a sudden the classes went up to 9 students.
    Private_message
    amigos del sol creo que es la mejor opción, yo hospedo estudiantes de esa escuela y la mayoria de los estudiantes se van hablando español pero si depende mucho de ti, saludos
    Private_message
    you can try any school I bet they are all good, it all depends on how much effort you put in it, you should hang out with friends and talk spanish and you will learn for sure. i hope you have a great time here in oaxaca, if you want to have some great time and food and mezcal,,,,, visit us http://www.facebook.com/events/548142708537721/?fref=ts

Private_message
    Currently at ICO and feel like I am making great progress. If you have made it to Oaxaca drop me a line.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.