• Help me decide where to live in 2013, please :D I'm a musician planning on moving to the States next year, wanna find the best city to balance work and music projects, I've heard Philly is a good spot these days. Can someone host me for a few days in January 2013 while I scout it out?
    Private_message
    you should check out austin, tx. it is the best city for musicians & super cool!
    Private_message
    depends on dates next door neighbor has a band may need a singer all good on you
    Private_message
    depends on what you play. personally, nashville is my favorite music town in the country. there is live music ALL day, everyday on their main street...10am to 3 am, and free. next best is new orleans. if you are a jazzer, just go to nyc. austin is cool too. there is a lot of music, but sometimes the quality is so so. Id say, if you arent a country music person, go to new orleans. It will beat everywhere else. Philly is cool, but not that much happening. I play professionally, so it is a decent opinion.
    Private_message
    Sometimes I wonder if it's best to try to get a big break in a city that's probably a bit smaller or not as saturated with up-and-coming artists. I think John Mayer was discovered in Atlanta if I'm not mistaken. So maybe take your chances playing in a city that maybe isn't already filled with aspiring artists...maybe somewhere like Baltimore, Cincinnati, etc. Either way, good luck! :)

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.