• Hi, Im looking to take French and/or Arabic classes and/or meet up with folks to learn together, practice conversation etc. . Anyone know of low-cost classes or kno of groups or want to form a group for either language?
    Private_message
    I'd love to meet up with folks to practice French with...
    Private_message
    I would like to learn and practice French as well!
    Private_message
    I'm an accredited French tutor from l'Academie Francais. I'm always looking to help new people learn! If you're interested, let me know what you're looking for.
    Private_message
    I'm going to France in July for a month, so would like to have some conversational skills. I've been studying French a little, but would like to get more confident talking with people. Maybe meeting once a week to have a conversation group?
    Private_message
    That sounds good. Should we just have a conversation group or some form of lessons, say with Marck or look into Nationalities Services? Marck, what were you thinking, or what would you charge (if anything) to meet up with us for conversation and maybe a little language support? It sounds like all of us have some French, so it would be mostly practicing together and sharing knowledge rather than teaching, depending on what everyone wants.
    Private_message
    Well, I never charge for the initial consultation, which is really to assess current levels, and set time frames/goals etc. Here are the AF rates, but these are for courses in a classroom setting. Depending on if you're in need of my professional services, we can talk about rates per class or per course or whatever the case may be. But if it's just getting together and speaking french over some wine, I might just be interested in attending that course myself!
    Private_message
    Charles, that sounds great.

In the mean time, French speakers/ learners - shall we get together and see about a French conversation class? I would love to just get together and hang out, drink wine and try to talk French (I don t know a lot either) and get to know each other, in whatever language!
    Private_message
    do weekends work to meetup? i think that would be best for my schedule, but I could also do evenings during the week
    Private_message
    I could do Monday or wednesday evenings in town, or possibly weekends, sundays after 6:30 best for me. Where are we thinking?
    Private_message
    Hey,
    I would be interested in meeting up to learn/practice. I just started learning Egyptian Arabic, and I would love to brush up on my French, which I've hardly used since college. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up. Cheers,Elisa
    Private_message
    I can do Mon/Wed evenings in town...wknds are tough for me since my schedule is not as fixed.
    Private_message
    im not too familiar with where would be good to meetup in philly. i think weds would be good. maybe a coffee shop or something?
    Private_message
    Hey hey hey - So I was snagged by the mention of Arabic in your post! I studied Arabic for four years in college, travelled to Syria during the summer of 2008, and have continued to study and speak the language after school. I would LOVE to get together with people to speak/teach/ whatever! I have a good bit of experience as a tutor in Arabic, Spanish, and other subjects, so I would also be open to offering some sort of lessons or tutoring to anyone who is in Philly and interested. I have the time and the love for the language to put in a good deal of effort. I would love to hear from you all. There is also a meetup group that meets every two weeks in west Philly, but these tend to be very English heavy with almost no Arabic spoken :-/. I've actually been looking for alternatives to this group to converse more in Arabic with others and hopefully help more people. Please let me know! Hope to talk to y'all soon.
    Private_message
    I'm very interested in either a group for French or Arabic. My French is at a Beginner/Intermediate level. I also have a basic grasp on written Modern Standard Arabic/FusHA and have some competence in Levantine dialect (mainly Lebanese or Palestinian). Drop me a line if interested. jawarner@mail.usf.edu
    Private_message
    Shall we plan a get-together, maybe for people interested in both languages, and we can figure it out from there? Maybe a doodle or meeting wizard is best to set a time to meet and then we can figure a regular time(s) when we meet? Is someone up for setting that up?

I am generally available MOnday and Wed after 6:30 in center city, and Thursday and Friday am fairly open during the day. I'm excited we have groups for both languages it looks like!
    Private_message
    hi Jenn , i will be happy to talk to you in my native lang (Arabic) couple of hours weekly without paying money , we can start with open discussion , and if you r serious we can go through home work and real class
    Private_message
    If there's going to be a weekly French group, I'd be happy to join! Most evenings are free for me, though I'm not very reliable when it comes to organizing such things. Keep me posted on how things work out!
    Private_message
    I'd love to plan some sort of get together interest meeting. I'm not exactly sure how to do the doodle thing, so if somebody knows how they can attempt that. Otherwise I'm happy to make a schedule the old-fashioned way if people just want to give me their availabilities.
    Private_message
    I'm available to meet up on the weekend...
    Private_message
    Abigail, if you could take on the scheduling (the old fashioned way!), that would be great! Thanks so much. I'm getting excited about this.
    Private_message
    Sounds good! Friends, Surfers, Fellow Language-Lovers! Send me your availabilities!
    Private_message
    Thanks Abigail, sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. My schedule is really up the air right now, because I have a couple possible part time jobs pending, but for now, I am available any time until 2:30 in center city MOndays and Wednesdays, and after 6:30 in center city Monday and Wednesdays, Tuesdays all day (not evening), Thursdays all day (not evening), Friday all day (not evening), Saturday generally available most of day and evening, Sunday after 6. Some of this especially week day day time might change soon, but for now, this is it. Thanks for doinf this. I guess we should just call for a meeting time and then go from there on scheduling. Ahukran!
    Private_message
    Shukran...or Y'aishek in Tunisia where I was last summer and am heading in march
    Private_message
    My availability varies from week to week. However, I do have next Friday, Saturday and Sunday free. I would gladly meet up for an introduction and planning meeting on one of those days. We should establish which language we'd like to prioritize and get an idea of each persons proficiency in said language. That way we can said a fair pace for everyone in the group. I'm quite alright with meeting anywhere in the greater Philly area. Center city seems to make more sense though.
    Private_message
    I'd love to meet up to practice Arabic! I'm currently studying it at Penn.
    Private_message
    Hey everyone i'm half Moroccan and half french and i do speak Arabic French fluently and i would love to help anyone of you guys.
    Let me know if you need help my e mail is sicher211@yahoo.com
    Private_message
    Anyone else have thoughts on your avaialibility for Abigail, or should we just call a date maybe for next week?

Private_message
    Weekends can work for me, it sounds good for others too right? or are evenings better?
    Private_message
    If anyone wants to meet up for coffee or a bite to eat on Friday or Saturday, let me know and we can at least get some groundwork laid out. Otherwise, we can pick a date that's best for most of us even if we can't all make it at once.
    Private_message
    Hi guys,

I'm new in town. I'm French and still learning arabic! I wish I could come to your meetings! That sounds great!

Private_message
    Jennifer i think its better to have at evenings so more people can show up, ill be happy to come and join you guys
    Private_message
    Does Monday or Wednesday of this coming week after 6:30 in center city work for anyone?
    Private_message
    Sounds great, It would be nice to have a group to prod us all :)
    How about Wed evening in the coming week?
    Private_message
    Wednesday evening is perfect for me. Any time. Manayunk or Center City sounds good too. Volo is a really nice cafe in Manayunk on mainstreet. But they close at 6:30pm. And there are obviously plenty spots in Center city.
    Private_message
    Unfortunately, next Wednesday is not good for me. But enjoy the gathering!
    Private_message
    Abigail, are you still able to figure this out, ie when we shoud meet?
    Private_message
    Hi all, let's try this doodle poll to schedule our first meeting. Let me know if you have any questions. I assume our first meeting would be in center city, though I am flexible depending on the day and time. http://www.doodle.com/xf6ht4vq6s4i7d3b
    Private_message
    Thanks for putting that up, Jennifer. I've listed my availability. This is a great idea, I hope it goes through! Sorry I can't play a more active role in organizing it though.
    Private_message
    Yeah thank for setting up the scheduling part. I listed my availability for this week. Still waiting on next week's schedule.
    Private_message
    Anyone else want to add to the doodle?
    Private_message
    Hi all, thanks for doodle replies. I've added some days and times. If you havent filled it in, please fill it in. If you have, please update with new dates I've added. Thanks!

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.