• I'm thinking of going to Petra and back in 2 or 3 days or less I'm still not sure which is best and I dont wanna go alone, so anyone interested in doing so soon like in dece or sth? also do Egyptians need visa to Jordan or is it VOA.
    I'm on budget so I won't be flying bus to nuweiba and then ferry....
    lemme know any info if u did be4 or if u r interested so we start planning it :)
    Private_message
    no need to a visa to go to Jordon for egyptians but in case that u will travel by bus then a ferry u have to get a visit permission from any friend live there or u have to get a work contract from Jordon other wise u have to take a flight and it costs about 2100 egyptian pounds
    Private_message
    well i'm really really interested in joining i was talking with friend of mine about visiting Petra , i'm all in with you , i want to visit Petra and The Dead sea please keep me posted about when you want to do it , and i'm with you
    Private_message
    Hello Shams,

i was in Amman from 22nd to 25th Nov 2012, it was amazing and the weather is very nice there... tell me when you wanna go?? there, and we may do it together.

regards,

Hady
    Private_message
    related to my first post i want to add that the price of the ticket from Cairo to Amman is 2100 Egyptian pounds and THERE IS ANOTHER FLIGHT COSTS 1100 Egyptian pounds from Cairo to Akaba by a cheap company called Eskindria airlines and u can find this flights in the touristic companies in Tahrir also u have to go to Mogamaa Eltahrir to Zabeet eletisalate to ask for a permission to go to Jordon . if u need any help u can call me at 01224577565
    Private_message
    @sherif thank u for the info, i will try to call one of those agencies and check with them. do u know how long this permission takes to be issued? is eskindria airlines new as no info on google!
    Private_message
    @Ahmed elrefay i guess it wud be on a weekend to make it possible for everyone to take one or two days plus weekend!
    yeah the arabia night event is good too but as u said no details yet!
    Private_message
    @Hady its good to know the weather was fine as i hate hot days especialy if its gna be in Petra :D
    well keep this thread updated so far i found a good camp in petra and airlines still checking...
    this hotel offers breakfast and shuttle bus from and to Petra and free wi fi
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Rocky-Mountain-Hotel/Petra/50568?dateFrom=28+Nov+2012&dateTo=01+Dec+2012&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=1
    and this camp too is nice
    http://www.sevenwondersbedouincamp.com/Services_and_Prices.html
    Private_message
    thanks wessam I will keep an eye on this event and hope to see the updates sooooon
    Private_message
    thanks abdou will keep an eye on the news to see if its gna be suitable to take this route
    Private_message
    sounds good, i visited Amman twice but i never been in Petra... did you decide when you gonna be there???, this December or after???, i need to know to see if i can do it or not... thanks in advance.

regards,

Hady
    Private_message
    about Eskindria airlines i did not travelled through it before and i do not know if it is from Cairo or Alexandria but u can ask the touristic agencies in Tahrir also if u like to be hosted in Jordon u will find alot can host u
    Private_message
    Hi! I have a break from school from December 21st- January 30th, and I really want to visit Petra and Amman as well!! Please keep me posted!!
    Private_message
    Well how about we save up a little more and make for new year's and by plane?
    Private_message
    okay then lets make it to include the new year's
    for how long wud u guys wanna stay? shud we include any other places like Wadi Rum?
    Private_message
    I totally agree to include new year's eve apparently i would be having midterms exams during this period so one week would do for me at least , i really want to join you guys please consider me in your plans :) wadi Rum is magnificent would be perfect if we can consider it
    Private_message
    i prefer to go there from 27th December 2012 to 3rd January 2013, we can spend 3 days in Petra and the rest of Vacation in Amman.... what you think??
    Private_message
    well i have no personal preference and i dont know about wadi rum.
    but the idea sounds exciting
    Private_message
    okay guys then its done! i posted be4 2 links for accomm. can u check them and tell me what do u think?if you can find better places or cheaper post links here so we can all check! should we book in Amman or couchsurf? also if cars are available wud u like to go by cars or go by plan or ferry?
    Private_message
    well i think the bedouin thing would be really hard in winter...and i'd prefer a plane
    Private_message
    yeah i agree with haitham , and plane would be much better , i'll look into hotels as well to see if we can sth cheaper
    Private_message
    Hi guys!
    I would like to join you for new Year's eve in Amman
    and Petra .
    I will come from Italy.
    Keep me updated on the dates so that I can check
    a flight from Italy to Hamman.
    Ciao
    Alessandro
    Private_message
    okay then plane it is :D, i found this offer on skyscanner.net
    http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/hbe/amm/121227/130102/airfares-from-alexandria-borg-el-arab-to-amman-queen-alia-in-december-2012-and-january-2013.html?cabinclass=economy&flt=1
    I tried to check which airport is closer to Petra is Aqba or this one Queen Alia and ten a 2 hr drive to Petra. what do u guys think?
    I know the bedouin thing is gna be hard in winter but I will spend at least one night there... for the rest I fount his one and thought to share with you
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Rocky-Mountain-Hotel/Petra/50568?dateFrom=27+Dec+2012&dateTo=02+Jan+2013
    Private_message
    Is there's any Updates ??
    Private_message
    Hey everybody its gonna be my pleasure to join you cause i was really thinking of doing it but i was more interested to do as kind of a road trip.
    Since we aren't not gonna be able to pass through the boarders so i wont mind taking a flight to Aqba then going to Petra by bus or something.
    Ill try to get more offers and please let me tuned to your plans and try to let it be after the mid of January as i'm gonna be done with my final exams.
    Thank you.
    Private_message
    @Hesham Shakib I actually agree with Hesham cause i'll be having exams too ! :D
    Private_message
    Shams, i was at a befuin camp in winter last year and it was fine. of course cold during the night, but the day was warm. it was actually very good because it was not crowded at all
    Private_message
    Sherif ezzat is totally right, a friend of mine did it and she has to go through all what he mentioned and even when her papers were all there, she faced some troubles at the borders but she made it after all :) and she had so much fun
    Private_message
    I might be interested in something like that, I am a photographer and it would be a very good change for me to take some awesome shots

Please contact me for the details
    Bahaa

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.