• Hey everybody !

Do you think it's quite easy or hard to hitch-hike in Iceland if you're just one guy ? Especially if you have a bag ?
    I've realized that buses are so expensive and I'd like to know a bit more about it. :)

Thanks in advance, cheers !
    Private_message
    Hi Lucas! Honestly I think it´s very difficult to hitch-hike in Iceland =( I haven´t tried it- so I don´t have any experience- but I can imagine- being from Iceland- that it is! But hopefully someone can tell you otherwise! Cheers and best of luck! =)
    Private_message
    I hitchhike regularly here in Iceland since I don't have a car. I think it's OK, at least as a girl (but I think they will pick you up too...) But it depends on where you're going. Inbetween RVK and Selfoss it's easy, but in the north and east there isn't that much traffic so you have to be lucky there... You can also check Samferda.is for cheap rides. Good luck!
    Private_message
    Thank you very much both of you ! I'll be in Iceland for the whole summer.
    Let's keep in touch ! :)
    Private_message
    i used to hitchhike routinely in south iceland (1990-1994) and but lately i think icelanders are less willing to stop than they were back then.
    Private_message
    I hitchhiked round south iceland last summer with my friend and we both had huge backpacks. People would always stop for us and were very friendly. just a warning though make sure you always have food and warm clothes.. one day we were stuck in thingvellir for 7 hours before someone picked us up..
    Private_message
    I would have to say that you shouldn't be hitch-hiking during the winter or early spring season. Summer is the best time. People stop and I have stopped for couple of people, and one of the people we stopped for told us that he had a lot of luck and great experience. You should check as well that car-sharing web page!
    Private_message
    i want more about you i live in paris more then 32 years thanks

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.