• Hi! I'm quite excited to be planning a possible 4-day stop in Reykjavik towards the end of Jan... Would that be a good time; in terms of weather, festivals etc? I'm really keen on catching a glimpse of the northern lights, given that 2013 is the solar maximum and winters might give longer, darker skies; am I correct in thinking so? Also, any tips on what I absolutely must see etc?

I would need a couch/accommodation and I'd appreciate if anyone would be willing to help me out in this regard! Thanks! :)
    Private_message
    There is always something happening in the music scene, and end of jan is very good for trying to catch the northern lights.

For when you arrive, here is the icelandic northern lights forecast along with the cloud cover, which is your biggest foe. http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/aurora/

(I'll probably not be accommodating at the time)

-Gummi

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.