• Hi, my friend Sarah and I would like to come to Iceland on a long weekend later in the year, to try and see the Northern Lights, and hopefully make friends with some CSers. When is the best time between Sep and Dec to come? We are two fun girls, a journalist and a researcher, love to party, hike and make new friends! (Would love to meet some of you guys too!)
    Private_message
    Well it really depends on the sun and the weather, if you will get to see some or not. But by what I have seen I would recommend end November through December. And if you intend to do so I would recommend getting out of the city to the north or some place quiet. That would be your best bet I believe.
    Private_message
    Hey, I've been in Iceland from September and if things work out be here till the start of September, as far as i can tell it's best seen on a clear night dark night, my experience this year was it got darkest between the last week of November and the third week of December. I can't be 100% sure it doesn't change according to the year though. hope this helps! have fun on your trip to Iceland :)
    Private_message
    Here you can read more about forecasts:
    And how it has been the past years! http://en.vedur.is/about-imo/news/nr/2590

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.