• Hi guys,

I'm here in Rio on exchange studies at UFRJ until August and while I'm here I'd like to train MMA. Does anyone know of any good MMA gyms (preferably in or close to Copacabana)? Any help is much appreciated.
    Private_message
    Mohammed, I recommend UPPER Gym on Flamengo. The structure is amazing, a whole building for practicing. It's the HQ of Nova União, and the main coach is Dedé Pederneiras. Zé Aldo started there...
    Private_message
    the 2 better places in rio are, x-gym and nogueira team, both in recreio
    Private_message
    You should try Art fighters Downtown, in Lapa. Its the best place for Muay Thai, but they also have MMA. It is also very cheap and the teachers are great.
    Private_message
    Thank you so much for all the tips!
    Recreio is a bit too far from unfortunately. Do you know how much it costs to train at Nova União or Art Fighters? And is it possible to try it out before signing up?
    Private_message
    In Art fighters it costs 90 reais, if you pay before the day 10, 70. You can practice every day from Monday to Saturday MMA-MuayThai. They also have another modalities but then you would have to pay an additional price. Its a very good trainning center. It is located at Rezende street, 141 first floor. Its near bardas quengas and cruz vermelha. Its possible to try it out before signing. You chould gothere and take a look. =)
    Private_message
    Upper is certainly more expensive, but it's like a Fights Pass, u can do a lot of styles, as many times as you want. At least it used to be like that.
    Private_message
    Great! Muito obrigado por toda a ajuda! I'm gonna check both places out, they look realy good.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.