• hey all, new here, wondering if anyone wants to check out an art gallery (free admittance) in oakland saturday night. it goes from 6-9. cheers : )
    Private_message
    Hi im new in couchsurfing and new in san francisco... I want know about some thing to do for this WE
    What sort of galery is it? it s far from SF?
    see you
    Private_message
    it's pretty much just across the san francisco bay. i don't know how long it would take to travel there though. message me if you are interested though : )
    Private_message
    sounds like fun? which gallery?
    Private_message
    Do you mean Modern Art Museum? I've heard that is the best on the West coast.

We want to go there maybe on Friday, but it isn't free (18$ Adult). Anyone interested in?
    Private_message
    hey guys : ) to be honest, it's a float center that has an art gallery and they're having an "art party" this saturday. i'm researching floatation centers in hopes to open one on the east coast next year. so i can't really say whether the gallery will be any good but you can google float, oakland and see for yourselves. it sounds like we have a group so why don't we just use it as a meeting spot, hang there a bit and then grab food or a drink?? please message me if this sounds like a plan that you want to be involved in and we can exchange numbers.
    Private_message
    Hi Gina, i would like go to the gallery, but i don't have any idea how to coming there. I'm in 326 Airport Blvd, South SF. I know how to get in downtown near Mission ST. Any idea?
    Private_message
    BART goes to Oakland and you could cab to Millbrae station. Cab to Oakland very expensive.
    Private_message
    sorry guys, i didn't see these... i went and it was really a waste of time so you didn't miss much : ( it was actually a float center/art gallery, but there was only one room of art from just one artist. i was in and out in 15 minutes. anyway, if anyone is in the san jose area, would love to make some new friends. haven't really met anyone here yet.
    Private_message
    You all may be interested in Oakland's First Friday. There are something like 25 art galleries that are open in downtown Oakland. http://www.oaklandfirstfridays.org/ from about 6:00 - 9:00 pm on Friday, 4/5. Just BART to the Oakland 19th St Station and wander around. You can download a map off the website.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.