• heyllo.my mom s flying to san francisco in less than a month,53,retired teacher from iran,she knows little english.we wanted to know if anyone can help her with renting a place at iranian s neighborhood,if there s such hood,even host her for a night or two.main problem s she doesnt know how to get to places from the airport.
    Private_message
    Hi Mahdi,

I'm not aware of an Iranian neighborhood in SF, but I might not know about it. If you let me know the dates I might be able to to host her. My place is conveniently located in the city.

Anyway, once you figure out where she wants to go, it will not be hard to figure out the best way there from the airport.

wesley.
    Private_message
    I know an Iranian csr Hamed Kamranzadeh & he lives in El Cerritos. He comes often to CS meetings in SF. Search for his name in CS or FB & he might know abt it.
    Private_message
    Hi Salem, your mom should talk (in Farsi) to the people at the Persian Center in Berkeley, California: 510-848-0264. The Persian Center is located at 2029 Durant, Berkeley, CA 94704. They may suggest she look for a house to rent in Fremont as there is a Farsi-speaking Afghani population residing in Fremont.
    Private_message
    From airport to residential or hotel she can always do super shuttle.com it's $17 one way first person. Try to look for coupons n you can save $3 a trip. You can book for her with destination address too. Good luck!
    Private_message
    Hi Mahdi. I think your best options would be Berkeley area (including Albany and El Cerrito) and Walnut Creek. Persian Center at Berkeley is a place for Iranian gatherings and she can make friends there, however I don't think the center can help her to find a place. Unfortunately I don't have a proper place to host her, however I would be happy to help as much as I can. Send me a message and I will give you my contact info. Good luck. Mehdi

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.