• Hi folks, I'm moving to your lovely city sometime between next tuesday and the first of April.

I'm Ivan, a 25yo Russian, Australian and I travel around a little bit. I was in your city a couple of years ago, it left a good impression on me so I thought, why not find a job there.

I'll be flying in on Wednesday, but since it's still a little cold, and I don't have to work for another month, I'll head off to somewhere warmer until it gets closer to April.

If anyone's free to meet up, show some cool places, or just chill and grab a beer, that'd be sweet. I would love to have some more friends when I move over.

Cheers and see you soon,
    Ivan
    Private_message
    Also, a couple more questions, for finding rooms to rent, I know of craigslist, are there any other good sites or any surfers looking to rent out a room?

I'll be working in the financial district, so anywhere within half an hour's walk would be cool.

Also, any ideas about spanish language schools? I want to improve my spanish :)

Thanks,
    Ivan
    Private_message
    Hey! My names Kate. Your post just caught my eye - I just happen to be a 25yr old Russian [American]. :].
    As a tour guide I'm slightly useless - since I only moved to the bay area a couple of months ago, myself. However, I'd love to grab a beer and chat! Or we could go about exploring the city together. :). Anyway, do send me a message if you're interested. Or look me up on Facebook - Kate Salamatov
    Private_message
    Hey, I'm a 23 years old Belarussian. Lived some time in NY, 3 month ago moved to CA. Would love to hang out with someone )
    Private_message
    Haha! Might as well get all the Russians together. Good grief there is no getting away from us, is there?! :]
    Private_message
    Hello, I'd be down to get a beer while you're here! Especially if all the Russians are getting together since I've been looking into study abroad programs out there.
    As for Spanish classes I'm taking a pretty good Spanish course at Laney Community College in Oakland and I'm sure City College of San Francisco would have a pretty good course too.
    Private_message
    I'm not russian ) I only speak russian )))
    Private_message
    Arthem, Katie, great idea, would love to get all the russian SPEAKERS together. I will DEFINITELY organise a night once I'm in and setup.

Steven, for sure mate, lets definitely meet up.

Shawn_A, thanks for trying to put a downer on my trip to san fran, but I'm still heading there.

Brittany, thanks for tip. We will get together :)
    Private_message
    Brittany, I meant meetup!

Arthem, I was there a couple of years ago, beloveszhkaya pusha, brest, minsk, and a little town not far from grodno called mostyi.
    Amazing people, really truly wonderful.
    Private_message
    Hey guys!
    I am eugen(e) and i going to stay in san francisco for 6 months. I am here for almost 2 months and i have seen just a little of the city! And thats a pitty!!! I am originally from russia but i grown up in germany. So my russian is pretty good! I'd like to meet people here in the bay! Fortunattely to explore the city or just hanging around! Please feel free to contact me!
    Private_message
    Hey Ivan,

I live in San Francisco, so I'd be happy to meet up, grab a beer, and maybe invite you to some outings with friends. I am traveling at the moment, but I'll be back in SF by late March / early April, so feel free to contact me! Also, if you happen to end up in San Diego in search of warmer weather, I have some CS friends down there and can make some recommendations, as I used to live there.

Good luck and happy travels!
    -Gaia
    Private_message
    Oh, and Shawn_A doesn't know what he's talking about! I can't believe what was in that blog post he linked to. SF is one of the best cities in the US - among the best public transportation systems you'll find in the States, progressive people, great nightlife (especially in the Mission District where you can find lots of quirky places with cheap drinks), wonderful food, and great arts scene. Yeah, it can be expensive and congested, but it's only 7x7 miles and a lot of people want to live here. Maybe some parts are a bit run-down, the tourist areas do tend to suck (like in any major city) and there are a lot of homeless, but overall it's a city with character and we don't just run our poor and mentally ill out of the city to make them someone else's problem. It can be a bit difficult to make friends when you first move here, but you're already on the right track! Even as a fairly shy person, I found my niche and developed a GREAT group of like-minded friends within the first year, and now I can't imagine living anywhere else. Don't listen to Shawn_A!!!
    Private_message
    I see you also scuba dive. Hit me up if you want to dive around California after you move to the Bay. I know some pretty great spots.
    Private_message
    Eugen, cool, let's meet up when I get in to town.

Gaia, thanks for the offer, I'd love to meet up and grab a beer. I understand a lot of the criticisms, you can just as easily say the same things about Sydney and yet people keep coming, because it really is such an awesome place to live.

Ciaran, yeah love to bike man :) And thanks for the offer of a couch :)

Dan, hell yes that would be awesome. I went to the most amazing reef this year, if you ever head out to Australia, to the west coast, you must check out Ningaloo Reef.

Thanks everyone for the great replies and warm invites, I already feel so welcome in your city :)
    Private_message
    Hi Ivan and everyone else, I have lived in San Francisco on and off between travels for 6 and a half years (man, time flies!) so I know the city pretty well and can show you around or give you pointers. We can meet up for a drink, or take a walk, or both. I am always happy to make new friends. Welcome to San Francisco, the most beautiful city in the United States!
    Private_message
    Thanks Sierra :)

I just touched down in lax and will be in mexico before i head to san fran towards the end of march.
    Private_message
    Ivan, your from manly!! I'm from Avalon! I live in San Francisco and need more australians, infact northern beaches people in my life! We must meet up for a drink and discuss Sydney and talk in Sydney slang whilst everyone else wonders what the fuck we are saying! Add me on facebook!
    Private_message
    This comment has been hidden by its author. Please log in or register to see it.
    Private_message
    My wild guess is that you are traveling with Masha ;)
    Private_message
    This comment has been hidden by its author. Please log in or register to see it.
    Private_message
    Private_message
    Private_message
    Private_message

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.