• Hello!

I just got my JR pass for my upcoming trip on 1-21 April, and read that I could also go snowboarding with it!

http://www.jrpass.com/blogs/skisnowboard-day-trip-from-tokyo-by-japan-rail-pass

Is Gala Yuzawa a good place to go, or would you recommend something else instead? (I'm not too picky though, considering the highest slope in Finland is only 450m/3000m.) Do you think I'll manage the gear renting and such if I can't speak much Japanese?

Feel free to message me if you'd like to join me by the way! :) I'll be in Tokyo for something like 1-5 Apr and 16-20 Apr so any of those days are fine.
    Private_message
    Oh and is the snow still okay late April? The website says it's open till 6 May. Again, I'm not too picky but I'd prefer snow instead of water. :p
    Private_message
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT SNOWNOARDING BUT I WOULD LOVE TO TRY NEW EXPERIENCE AND TAKE PICTURES FOR MEMORIES TO KEEP. I COULD VOLUNTEER TO BE YOUR TRANSLATOR and I would ask some friends about snowboarding.
    Private_message
    Yeah I think so now I'm already checking I wan to try their lessons but cannot understand fully maybe because I'm already sleepy maybe tomorrow I will try to check things. I think It's pretty nice place as I see their website. I am eager to go they have events this March maybe I will try March 15-17 you can look on their events. get back tomorrow sleepy. thanks
    Private_message
    Hi Juhana, I'm planning to go there too! Around April 17-20. I'm just a traveler, don't know how to speak Japanese. I haven’t tried skiing before. Someone suggested that Hakuba in Nagano area is good during April. Echigo Yuzawa in Niigata is nearer but ski season is until April 7 while Hakuba is around mid-May. Let me know if you have more info. ;)

Karen
    Private_message
    Hey dude,
    Ill be in Tokyo in mid April and would looooooooove to go snowboarding too. So if our schedule matches, maybe we can head there together!
    Lemme know if you're up for it!
    Nico.
    Private_message
    Awesome! I bookmarked your profiles so I can contact you in April.

At least one option is then to do a daytrip from Tokyo to Gala Yuzawa around April 16-20. That's an easy one for me because a JR train goes into the resort.

Before that I'm travelling around Japan (somewhere in the direction of Kyoto, no exact plans at this point), but I could also time a visit to Hakuba on my way back to Tokyo. Karen, do you know if there is a resort accessible by JR train in Hakuba? Or are you going by car?

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.