• Hello there,

I'll be moving to Japan July 2013 and going to work in Yokohama. I'm really looking foward to it and am really excited. What do you advice about where to live, Tokyo or Yokohama? And which neighberhood, and how? I really want to live with some nice, lively Japanese people to get to now the culture. Who can help me out, any advice is welcome. You can add me on facebook: Frank Zaal (in Amsterdam)

Thanx!
    Private_message
    Hi

It all depends on your expectations?

Maybe it would be convenient to live between Tokyo and Yokohama if you want to hang out in Tokyo when you're not working.
    Private_message
    Well, if you want "lively" then Tokyo would be better for you, which is not saying that Yokohama isn't "lively," but since it's such a huge metropolis there are more things to do in Tokyo.

Which neighborhood depends on so many factors, and most important is your budget. Other factors are: how long do you want to commute? Do you want lots of things to do in your neighborhood?

Here is a good sight for a free magazine that has tons of info on Tokyo: http://metropolis.co.jp/
    Check out their classifieds section and you can get information about real estate agencies that help foreigners.

Good luck!
    Private_message
    Hello!
    I think is depends on where you work.
    there is some train lines in Tokyo and Yokohama.
    For example " Toyoko Line" is very easy way from Yokohama to Shibuya.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.