• Hey everyone

Is it posible to get an pre-paid phone even if I'm a traveler and not a local guy.

Matane!
    Private_message
    Yes, you can rent it from Airport.

buying is so expensive.
    Private_message
    Buying is not expensive if you stay in Japan more than one month. The phone costs about 2500 yen, the charger 1200 yen + a prepaid card of 3000yen with unlimited mails.

You should go to the Softbank shop in Ometesando (close to the Harajuku station). A few weeks ago, I posted on this group the contact details of a employee that works there and can speak English and can sell you a pre-paid phone.
    Private_message
    But I will be there on Monday so I don't think that I have time to wait a few weeks... Anyway I hopefuly will handle it and thank you!
    Private_message
    The prepaid phone you can get directly, but as far as I know the rules are very strict and you need a residence card in order to be aloud to buy it (but maybe this holds only true if you cant speak japanese well, like me).
    Private_message
    I know you can rent them at the airport, but they're quite pricey.
    Private_message
    It is really expensive they charge per second! Not normal..anyway I will survive

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.