• Hey!! :)

I'm wondering about apartment or room prices in Tokyo.
    I plan to come to Tokyo on April for 6 months to do my internship in this amazing city, where I'll be for first time.
    So I would appreciate if you could tell me, how mach approximately is to rent a room. And especially if you have some offers it would be amazing!!

Thanks in advance
    Private_message
    You could get a private spacious room (for Japanese standards) in a shared (2DK or 3DK) apartment for about 45,000-50,000 yen including all the utilities and free cable TV/Internet but not in the very central Tokyo. The apartments cost around 88,000 but without the utilities. I am talking about my area here - Higashikurume in Tokyo. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.
    Private_message
    If you want to rent a regular apartment in Tokyo, you will need a guarantor and you will have to pay a LOT of money just to move in. ("Key money", deposit, real estate agent fees, and initial rent can total up to 6 months rent). Not worth it for a short stay.

There are some real estate agents geared to foreigners and short term residents but the rent is more expensive for obvious reasons. However, they also offer furnished apartments.

There are also some "monthly apartments" that may be worth checking out.

If you are there for 6 months, you should try living in a guest house or "gaijin house". These usually have shared bathrooms and kitchens but you will live with other foreigners and other foreigner-friendly Japanese people. They can teach you the ropes and show you around so this may be your best option.
    Some popular guest house companies are Sakura house, Oak house, http://www.guesthouse.co.jp/ENGLISH/index.htm

Private apartments go for 30 to 100,000 yen depending on the size.
    Guest houses are usually around 50 to 70,000 yen per month.and usually require only a deposit when you move in.

You might want to note that there is often open discrimination against foreigners by real estate agents....

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.