• Heyheyy CS!

I'm visiting Tokyo on Thursday, April 11 and planning to climb Mt. Fuji for two days on either Friday or Saturday with a friend. Would anyone be interested in joining us gals for this snow-lovin' escapade?? I know April will be a tough time for trekking, but we're determined to reach the summit by sunset if weather permits!

Also, we're planning to hire an experienced guide to come along just as a precaution bec it's still winter time. Any recommendations of some local agency/ guides would be greatly appreciated! Thanksthanks in advance & hopefully we'll get to meet some of you in Tokyo!

Cheers.
    Private_message
    http://www.fujiyamaguides.com/jp/

I think you are aware of the risk of climbing in off season and I won't say anything further, but I hope you would explain about the risk to those who are coming along by watching this post.

I'd highly recommend this agency. All the guides who attend winter hike in Fuji has avalanche training and they have done a lot of winter Fuji tour.

Good luck!
    Private_message
    I always want to climb mt fuji, but I think I don't have the guts to climb it on this season. I heard is kind of dangerous during this time of the season. It is recommended to go with pros to hike this mountain. I hope u guys can find someone experienced so u can have a safe trip. I'll be in tokyo on April too n I'm thinking to hike takatoriyama or nokogiriyama. If u haven't done takao-san, I recommend it.
    Private_message
    Hi there, i wanted to make a trip to Mt Fuji as well but was informed by my friends to give it a miss as well for safety reasons.
    Private_message
    Heyhey, thank you for all the replies! I'm aware of the risks involved to climb during winter...it's quite nerve wrecking but will at least attempt to climb as close to the summit as possible. Still looking for an affordable guide to join us, if you guys change your mind, let me knowww! ;) In the meantime, I'm definitely up for other hikes in case Mt. Fuji is not possible!
    Private_message
    If you are looking for some nice trails near Tokyo, Omote Tanzawa traverse ridge is so much fun.
    You can get to Hadano station from Shinjuku by Odakyu line and take a bus to Minoge or Yabitsu Toge. Then hike all the way to Tonodake. You can expect great view of Mt. Fuji if the weather is nice.

Or you can try Mizugakiyama and Kinpusan in Yamanashi. I think they still have snow. There are some campgrounds where you can use as base camp.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.