• I am not gonna be in Tokyo until the last few weeks of Summer 2013... but I wanna start exploring my options for now. My school is located in Roponggi Area (near Roponggi Station Toei Oedo Line). What are my accommodation options? I would prefer a studio apartment with no key money, guarantor or anything like that required. I am looking at 50,000-60,000 Yen per month, all in if possible. ^^ I wanna walk to school that is why I don't wanna live in other areas.

Please help me... THANKS... I cannot speak any Japanese yet. I can speak English, Tagalog and Korean (?)! ^^
    Private_message
    With this budget at a walking distance from Roppongi station? You are just dreaming. With this budget I am not even sure you would find a guest house or a share house in a very creepy old building in the area.

Your best option with this budget is to move somewhere on the Oedo line. You'll have more chances if you go East (Monzen Nakacho, Kiyozumi Shirakawa, Kuramae, Ryogoku...) but it's a bit far and I think prices raised lately. Closer you have the West part (from Nakano Sakaue) and with a budget of 60 000yens all included it's complicated but not impossible. At best you could share a house if you want to live not further than Nakano ku. If you can go up 80 000yens you can find what you are looking for in the same areas without sharing the house.

You can also try to go North with the Hibiya line. Minowa, Minami Senju and Kita Senju stations.
    Private_message
    60000 for a flat on Yamanote Line for a non-Japanese speaker? You must be kidding, Gregor. The cheapest and creepy guest house at Asakusa, only a creepy room, sharing bath and kitchen in a really nice area, but far from the station was 6-man. OK, Asakusa is not Yamanote but it is exactly what I am talking about. I saw one in Ryogoku cheaper. But wasn't a studio. And that's all a non-Japanese speaker can get without key money or warrantor. I found a really great deal on Den-en-Toshi Line, 12 min from Shibuya, but far from the station, huge flat, but only be ause I can write and speak properly Japanese.
    Private_message
    Wow! Thanks for the info guys! I am actually gonna study for 3 years there! So maybe I should just stay at the school's dorm (40 min away from Roponggi where the school is located) and figure things out after a year... :(
    Private_message
    7 man for a hellhole sharehouse in Kabukicho -- I can hook you up with the landlord if you dare! Your price range + Minato-ku = 無理です (impossible). Sorry dude. You can definitely find something around 5-6 man if you're willing to commute -- we ALL do it.
    Private_message
    Hey Jeff! hehe I am Jeff too! LOL

Yeah I may have to commute. My school is actually offering me a place (for 60,000 Yen/month, fully furnished studio) a few stations away from Shinjuku... which means I have to travel for around 45 minutes everyday to attend school. Not too bad.. but... I still prefer walking to school everyday! ^^ Anyhow... THANKS A LOT.
    Private_message
    i live in Otsuka, about 2 mins walking distance from the Yamanote Line, i suggesting contacting Yosuke Suzuki from Tokyo Stay , he is actually a good dude and a CS member too, tell him your budget & see if he can make you a good offer =)
    Private_message
    "Yeah I may have to commute. My school is actually offering me a place (for 60,000 Yen/month, fully furnished studio) a few stations away from Shinjuku... which means I have to travel for around 45 minutes everyday to attend school. Not too bad.. but... I still prefer walking to school everyday! ^^ Anyhow... THANKS A LOT. "

Looks like you're going to commute forever for nothing. Don't forget to include walking distance, connexions if any, time to wait for the train if it's a slow line etc... If the 45min you're talking about is only station to station looks like you'll spend more than 1h to go to school and when you're not going to school it will be a hassle to move around.

60 000yens you can find something not that far if you find people you can share a house with. Your best option indeed is to stay at the dorm at 1st the time for you to find nice housemates.

If you're ready to go that far then you can also check somewhere in Kanagawa ken using the Chiyoda/Odakyu line. Then the stop neer your school won't be Roppongi but Nogizaka.
    Or Toyoko line with a change at Nakameguro (same platform) to take the Hibiya line to Roppongi.
    Or the Meguro Line to transfer at Meguro station for Namboku line to Roppongi 1 Chome. A town like Musashi Kosugi is very convenient to go to main spots in Tokyo but the rents might be expensive. I don't know the prices there.

You can also check the northern part of the Namboku line from Komagome.

In all those areas you can find what you're looking for and it's closer than the place 45min away.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.