• I am going to Panama *yay* April 15th-22nd ... Anyone other Torontonians going too? If anyone's been before, tips would be appreciated :)
    Private_message
    Went to Panama city last year. Make sure to take US dollars there, pretty much the only currency accepted there. Are you staying in a hotel or couch surfing?
    Private_message
    @prateek I'm staying at a hotel, thanks for your tip!
    @rob thanks, it is an all inclusive trip so I am really limited in terms of going and visiting places like Bocas Del Toro and San Bloas. But thanks for responding..
    @josh I sure will.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the responses.
    Private_message
    Panama City is a busy, traffic jammy (I know not a real word) place. Be sure to see the Amador Causeway, the Miras Flores (sp.) locks and visit the downtown. Colon is not a nice city either, but from there you can visit Portobello, which has some nice for ruins, as well as Fort St Lorenze which my husband says is nice. The area along the Pacific side is pretty, good food but the roads are very twisty and hilly. If you find yourself out that way Valle de Anton is well worth a look for he zoo and a zip line trip. If you want any more info feel free to ask...my husband work there and we have access to lots of info. Enjoy
    Barb
    Private_message
    Boquete is a lovely mountain town in the Chiriqui province. If you have time to go there I would recommend it over Bocas del Toro (party town).

There's also a really cool jungle hostel called Lost And Found, an eco-lodge actually in the forest. It's run by a Canadian, and it was unlike any place I've been to. Great hiking. http://www.lostandfoundlodge.com/lostandfoundlodge.com/Eco_Resort.html

In Panama City there are definitely places that you should not go to, and the locals will let you know it. We got directed away from slums like 8 times in our short stay in PC. Had a cab pull over and tell us to turn around on the highway.
    Private_message
    Never mind, I saw your post about the all inclusive and limitations. That sucks! Panama City is great, but it really looks like Miami, minus the beaches
    Private_message
    In PC, getting on a Diablo Rojo (red devil - its a school bus that has been decked out with graffiti and loud music). Definitely exciting. Just flag her down and jump on for a quarter. They glow with LED lights at night.
    Private_message
    Hi, I from Panama, live near the capital city. I can help you. In Pananama there are too much to do, if you likes the party, dance, drink, etc the capital is faboulous to yo. If you like the adventure, the beach and the nature you can go to San Blas, Bocas del Toro and Chiriqui (the place i were grew up)

Contact me!!!

Private_message
    I have some friends who just got back and were working on the Panama film festival, which happens to be on the week you are there. Check it out if you have time. http://iffpanama.org/en/node/925

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.