• hello all ,
    I am thinking to visit Vancouver this late May.Also I live in San Francisco now.
    So I really expect to see something different than just northern American big city.
    I plan to do some outdoor,too.But I do love city too.is there any cool/exotic neighborhoods or cities near Vancouver I should check it out ,too??
    :)
    Julia
    Private_message
    check out foursquare app, i've made a list of my favorite places for first time visitors..

here is the link to my favorite places in Vancouver https://foursquare.com/davidjohn83/list/davidjohn83s-vancouver-favorites

And here is a link to places i think people who are visiting vancouver for the first time must visit. https://foursquare.com/davidjohn83/list/first-time-to-vancouver

foursquare is a great webpage and app for reccomendations.
    Private_message
    i don't think there is a french neighborhood. If you want something cool/exotic, Vancouver has beautiful landscapes for hiking. Late may should be fairly warm so you can go hiking up in Whistler or anywhere around there. Even going to Victoria (Vancouver island which is 2 hours or so by ferry). The drive (Commercial Drive) is also a nice place, but coming from San Francisco, it might just be your regular SF street ahah. If you got time (and have access to a car), White rock is a very nice area to check, and the beach there too. Obviously Stanley Park is nice to walk along with the small beaches from there to English Bay
    Private_message
    In Vancouver, there is no "French neighbourhood" per say. As close as you're going to come would be these two places:
    - 8th Avenue, between Granville & Fir - visit the French centre there
    - Heather Street, between 14th & 16th - there's a Catholic French church and school

My understanding is that Port Moody has a number of French speakers but I cannot confirm that myself.
    Private_message
    By the way, thank you david, this is a nice list :)
    Private_message
    thank you all for all the fabulous responses.
    how about are there any cities near by I should visit??
    I will be in vancouver about two weeks .So I want to go somewhere in canada as well
    thank you again
    Private_message
    Kelowna is really nice to visit if you got time

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.