• Hello Everybody.

I bought a book for all the plants you can find in the forest on the west coast and how to cook it ( which is very nice ). So I plan to go to find some next week in different places in Vancouver. I wanted to know if anyone would have some places to recommend to me ? Or maybe someone would like to come with me ?
    Also if someone knows about eatable mushrooms I will be happy to learn more about it and to try to find some around here.

Thanks

Betty
    Private_message
    I would love to join, I have always been interested in foraging. I don't have any experience or knowledge, but am keen to learn!
    Private_message
    Hey Shannon

As soon as I know where to go i'll let you know and we can find a time to go together :)
    Private_message
    Aw yeah awesome. I hear that Deer Lake park is good. Or others, there are many around. Seymour Conservation Park, Delta, UBC Endowment Lands, there are many places. Although I do not think that it's the time for mushrooms. Maybe try some nettle (with gloves).
    Private_message
    Kelsea thank you for your advices and for this bunch of places. I never done that in the forest before so let's try.
    Private_message
    Hi Betty! I'm pretty good at picking herbs, edible plants and mushrooms.. but I come from Europe (like you if I undersood well) so I don't really know if I recognize what I find here in the new continent! Anyway, I'm going to be in Vancouver for the next couple fo days, so if you plan to go somewhere to see if we can catch anything or just enjoy this great sunny time in nature, just let me know, I'd be happy to join!
    Private_message
    I'd love to join! No experience included though! Will we be doing this on a weekend? =)
    Private_message
    Hey Ivano. I'll love to take your help as it will be my first time picking herbs. I have a book about herbs here. Until when will you be here?
    Private_message
    Let's met on monday at commercial skytrain station at 1pm and then we can go to UBC with the bus :)
    Private_message
    We've been on monday to UBC forest and found fews things. I would like to go again, but for the moment i'm really busy, so maybe in few weeks with you guys :)
    Private_message
    Hi..I'll love to join..and I like to enjoy the sunny in nature..I have no any experience about picking mushroom and plants.. Would like to learn something new..I'm really keen on it
    Private_message
    I'll be there 100% next time!
    Private_message
    I would love to join too. Always wanted to pick some mushrooms. This long weekend or next?
    Private_message
    Nice what are some things in season right now? I just harvested a lot of nettle from UBC, and working on drying it. I think that dandelion leaves and sorrel is available right now. What else do you think?
    Private_message
    Hi Betty. I have a friend who knows what mushrooms are edible and where to pick them. He's from northern Russia. I have no experience in such but very interested in learning. I told him about this and he's interested and keen on it. He said the best season for mushroom picking is July-September but there are certain and rare mushrooms that can be had in May-June.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.