• Hello,

My name is Betty. I am French and live actually in Vancouver.

I would like to know is some people already try dumpster diving in Vancouver ? I would like to know your advices and tips. Does anyone also know some small grocery store where they give the left over ?

Thanks in advance
    Private_message
    Have you seen the cheap living group? There is a map etc. I have been meaning to host another dumpster diving potluck. Eventually I am going to get on that.
    Private_message
    I've put myself on Bewelcome. I think I might just have to migrate the Vancouver Cheap living group there
    Private_message
    After living in Copenhagen and basically living off of dumpstered food, I returned to vancouver to realize there is very little. The food system just doesn't work in a way that results in good food in the bins. Not to say that food isn't wasted, because it is. I've tried the Granville island markets (organics bins) and gotten lucky a few times. There are some grocers on commercial drive (ie. drive organics) that I've heard has some good stuff in the bins. Good luck!!!
    Private_message
    thanks for the infos. If there is a dumpster diving potluck i'm in :)
    Private_message
    Try the grocery stories on Fraser Street between East 41st and 49th avenues. The alleys are gold mines.
    Private_message
    When Granville Island Market closes they will give you all kinds of stuff, bread, pizza, veg! I go to school on the island and thats what I do when ever I have a late class but you have to be there right at close cause at 7:05 its all gone!
    Private_message
    thanks for the infos everybody :)
    Private_message
    Never done it before but I watched the tv show about Dumpster Diving and would like to try it. Let me know if you guys wanna try
    Private_message
    I think it is a measure taken on by the individual store. There is no by-law against going into a dumpster.
    Private_message
    The Drive Organics, on Commercial Drive and Napier I believe? They usually put out a flat of produce at the end of the day that they can't sell anymore, but it's totally fine! they put it around back!
    Private_message
    Oh, it's on that directory, nvm :P

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.