• Hi all,

I had been working with www.mermaidecoresort.com, an eco-friendly boutique resort. it has 4 different restaurant as well. I was the head of marketing, sales and PR communication. Right now, i want to work in canada as a skilled worker in Canada, Is there anybody who can help me out? It will help me and my country to know more about first world hospitality management and financially as well.

I just need proper guidance to get jobs in Canada. You may ask me why canada? why not other places? I would say, to me Canada has a very positive brand image.

Thank you
    Rajeev
    Private_message
    Hi, I am perhaps not the best person to reply since I am Canadian and thus have no experience as a foreign worker here, but I have several friends in this position, as Skilled Workers and can tell you what I know.

It is possible to work here in different fields as a skilled worker, but you will be always competing against Canadian citizens, since our law dictates that companies can only hire foreign workers if they absolutely cannot find a Canadian to fill the position, and in hospitality/PR etc, there are likely Canadians to do the job.

If you get a good company, they will hire a lawyer and fight to keep you! 2 of my friends are going through this right now.

Canada also just recently tightened up immigration and want people to have university degrees. You might have a better time if you have a degree, and also speak good English or French, which you seem to.
    Hope this helps! You will notice that job postings say that preference will be given to Canadians, and permanent residents.

Finally, some cities are better than others- Are you specifically wanting to move to Vancouver? You might want to try some of the really touristy places, like Jasper, Whistler, Banff, Montreal, Toronto. Calgary is booming right now, but don't know what their resort scene is like.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.