• Hi, I'm a medical student doing a 2 week elective at vancouver general hospital during the last two weeks of january from the 21st to February 1st. I need a place to stay for 2 weeks and will even pay you for the board. It's just so damned hard to find a place for 2 weeks and I figure if the money goes to a motel or hotel, I'd rather the money go to someone who's passing on the good karma of couch surfing. I don't exactly know how this works but I figure if I"m gonna be at a place for 2 weeks, well you deserve financial compensation don't you? Bonus is I can cook good chinese food and I'm good at cleaning up kitchen messes!
    Private_message
    Also I go to med school in Australia, so if you host me and if you come to australia within the year, YOU HAVE A COUCH! Also if you're a personal trainer who wants a pet project of getting someone down as much body fat percentage as possible in 2 weeks, I'll pay you for personal training as well! Now you all know I'm about give and take!
    Private_message
    It sounds like you have a lot to learn about couch surfing. Offering a host money is a sure way to offend them. Though the new CS system is fucked up, the old CS rules still apply. People accept guests because they believe in a different definition of hospitality. It isn't that you can/ should not offer something (other then money) in return, but that the offer should not be the reason someone hosts you.

People will accept you because they want to get to know you, share their city and/or learn about your culture and views. It isn't simply a give and take. Nor just a place to crash. If that is what you are after, please go visit air B&B.
    Private_message
    Yeah mate, you should have no problem finding hosting for 2 weeks as long as you don't mind shifting a couple of times(A week here and a week there). Also what Britta said, www.airbnb.com sounds like what you'd be looking for.
    Private_message
    Yeah mate, you should have no problem finding hosting for 2 weeks as long as you don't mind shifting a couple of times(A week here and a week there). Also what Britta said, www.airbnb.com sounds like what you'd be looking for.
    Private_message
    Private_message
    Thanks for the heads up guys, wasn't sure how this whole thing worked but thanks for pointing me in the direction of airbnb. I think that's more suited to what I'm looking for.

All the best!
    Private_message
    Thanks for the heads up guys, wasn't sure how this whole thing worked but thanks for pointing me in the direction of airbnb. I think that's more suited to what I'm looking for.

All the best!
    Private_message

All the best!
    Private_message

All the best!
    Private_message
    I doubt I can put you up for two weeks and I only have a couch so doubt you would want to crash on it for that long but if you need a place for a few days my couch will be free. I have a bike and VGH is about a 15 minute bike ride from my place, probably more like 10. No pay required but you can teach me some cooking skills.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.