• Hi this is Lisa from Germany i! It's still some time till May 18, but I'm already wondering if my plans will work out. On that day I need to get from Malclom Island / Port Mc Neil to Nanaimo to catch the last ferry to West Vancouver (9.30 if I remeber correctly). The thing is, I can leave Malcolm Island only around 5/6pm, taking the Greyhound line sounds a bit risky (it's so slow).
    So my question is: is there a lot of traffic in the middle of May? What do think are chances I will find somebody who will take me south to Nanaimo on that day?
    I have no experience whatsoever with hitchhiking.
    I don't know if the people on Vancouver Island drive around a lot or if they just stay in one place ;)
    Any advice for me?
    Thank you! Lisa
    Private_message
    Putting up a notice in a Sointula / Port O neil store sounds like a very good idea, I wil defenitely try that.

Is hitchhiking common on the island?

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.