• I was thinking of signing up for www.workaway.info, which is set up kind of like couchsurfing, in that hosts post volunteer positions, and surfers go live with them for awhile to help them out on their farm/bed and breakfast/around the house/etc in exchange for accommodation and food.

Has anyone had experience with this?
    Private_message
    Hello
    I've never use that website but i've been using another website call wwoofing, it's also a volunteer program where you get to learn how to work in organic farms. I've done that in Finland, in Belgium and in Neederland and it was always nice experiences :)

I think with this kind of programs the important point is to know clearly in advance what are the conditions of your stay.

Betty ;)
    Private_message
    Thanks, Betty!

I was thinking of wwoofing, but I liked that workaway had more volunteer options (for example, I found call-outs for assistant soapmakers and a chocolatiers!). You're right, though. I definitely need to prepare in advance!
    Private_message
    I've used it a few times. I've had good experiences but would recommend ensuring both parties understand work terms and conditions. Also get them to give you good directions. Some of the places are really remote and more difficult to get to than you may think.
    Private_message
    That's a good point, CANADIAN_GIRL. I know a couple people who've offered to pick me up, which would be ideal; but if I have to find my own way, I'll be sure to have either very good directions or a GPS ;)

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.