• Hey guys! I'm living in Bratislava and this week-end my parents are coming. We would like to visit Vienna just 1 day (morning to evening). Can you please give me just 4 or 5 places we really have to see? I know there are planty of guide, but there are too much stuff and I can't figure out the most important to don't miss during the day (we're non the museum kind).
    Thank you very much, have a nice day!
    Private_message
    hi there,
    if you only have a day, go to the first district and walk around there. you shouldn't miss:
    - st. stephan cathedral (inside and outside)
    - graben (= beautiful street)
    - hofburg (old castle)
    - heldenplatz
    - parliament
    - town hall
    - burgtheater
    - university
    - and all the little streets and dozens of churches in between -just wander around.

you should go to a typical viennese coffee house, recommendations on the way would be:
    - cafe griensteidl (michaelerplatz, next to hofburg) or
    - cafe demel (also close to hofburg, go to first floor) or
    - cafe central (herrengasse, also close to hofburg)
    just google them, they are easy to find, very nice and offer celicious cake!

if you have more time and the weather is not to bad, you could go to the castle schönbrunn. you'll reach it by underground from the center, and there is no entrance fee for the gardens. walk up to the small castle Gloriette, and have another cake! ;)

have a great day,
    Eva

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.