• Date : 14/7/2012(sat)

Time : 10:00AM – 6:00PM
    時間: 10:00AM – 6:00PM

Place : Tai Shing Stream
    地點: 大城石澗

Meeting place: Tsuen Wan MTR Station Exit B Heng Seng Bank
    集合地點 : 荃灣港鐵站B出口恆生銀行

Route: Tseun Wan (take 82 mini bus to Pineapple Dam) – Bridge - Tai Shing Stream – back to Pineapple Dam - take 82 minibus to Tseun Wan
    行程: 荃灣(乘專線82小巴往菠蘿霸) – 沿小徑步往灰橋 – 大城石澗 – 返回菠蘿霸乘82小巴回荃灣

End point : Tseun Wan MTR
    解散終點: 荃灣港鐵站

Durations : around 5 hrs (not including the rest & lunch / swimming time)
    預算需時: 約5小時 (不包括休息 / 午餐 / 浸水時間)

Distance : 5 km
    全程約5公里

Some information:
    http://hikehongkong.blogspot.hk/2012/06/tai-shing-stream.html

No supply, No exit point
    沿途沒有補給及退出路線

It is a strenuous and lengthy hike, Be prepared for a long walk in stream water on the way
    路程上落差大,需一定體能應付,有心理準備在水溪攀爬及行走一段長時間

Under 18 years old should be fill the form & have the parents or guardians confirmation
    **如18歲以下參加者請向我索取健康聲明及家長通知書**

**Bring your lunch & drink, sunscreen, rain gear sunny, swimming gear, change clothes, waterproof bag etc.
    自備乾糧及飲品/晴天雨具/防晒/防蚊/游水裝備/更換衣物/ 防水袋等

any questions can leave message to me or call Tyle 25713117
    如有任何查詢可留言或電中心25713117找吳Sir (Tyle Ng)

I will send the reminder e-mail to all participants on 13/7:)
    我會在13/7再發有關活動提醒給大家

If you have interested to join our hiking, pls. sign your name & send me you contact no. by mail
    如有興趣參與是次活動,請在以下寫上名字及透過電郵通知我有關聯絡電話.

See you all:)

Cheers!

1) Tyle
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    Private_message

1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    Private_message
    1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice

Private_message
    Is it only for 6 persons?? does it have a cost?
    Private_message
    I am bringing two more! So Peter + 2
    Private_message
    i would like to join too, and with 2 more friends :-)

1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice
    6. Summer
    7. Doris
    8. Lui (doris' friend)
    9. Asion (doris' friend)
    Private_message
    1. Tyle2. Peter3. Alessio4. Tai5. Janice6. Summer7. Doris 8. Lui (doris' friend)9. Asion (doris' friend) 10. Kaman

That sounds fun. I would love to join but i have the same question as Alex, do we need speacial shoes? I saw on the news today, 2 people died doing stream hiking. >~<
    Private_message
    1. Tyle
    2. Peter + 2
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice
    6. Summer
    7. Doris
    8. Lui (doris' friend)
    9. Asion (doris' friend)
    10. Kaman
    13. Dennis

:)
    I did the 'trek' once when I was in high school. We wore basic plimsolls 白飯魚 - probably not the best option(?)
    And fingercrossed to the weather!!
    Private_message
    Two hiker died in stream last Sunday, I think the weather change was the main point make this bad news happen , it have suddenly heavy rain & flood coming. so, no one want to see this happen.

In fact, hiking outdoor activities, at least more than a few people & take care of each others. It also the crisis should more sensetive when you are in wild.

Hope them R.I.P

Update the list : (pls. send your contact no. to me by message, TKS!)
    1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice
    6. Summer
    7. Doris
    8. Lui (doris' friend)
    9. Asion (doris' friend)
    10. Kaman
    11. Peter's friend
    12. Peter's friend
    13. Jason
    14. Ming
    15. Tracy
    16. Gary
    17. chung
    18. Kin
    19. Mei King
    20. Joe fung

Erick : just add your name & the event free of charge, just perpare your transportation fee / food / drinks & gears is O.K.

I think most of you don't have experience to stream hiking , many questions asking about what kinds of shoes will suitable for moving in water.

First of all, good equipment will be more expensive, so depend on your economic capacity, you can go to outdoor gear shop to buy the professional stream shoes, it generally have higher non-slip functions, but I think should have better practical skills and experience more than totally rely on the shoes. so I recommend you can buy a white colour shoes make in china (green or black bottom) , see the links :
    http://www.google.com.hk/imgres?q=%E7%99%BD%E5%B8%83%E9%9E%8B&um=1&hl=zh-TW&sa=N&rlz=1T4GGLL_zh-TWHK393HK393&tbm=isch&tbnid=ugamEnLOPChT8M:&imgrefurl=http://www.wdgf.org/%3Fdetail/7-2059.html&docid=WaN81N2HWpOjYM&imgurl=http://www.wdgf.org/ProductImages/734991285742767507.jpg&w=1000&h=750&ei=Pqf7T6KjGbCSiAflwcToBg&zoom=1&biw=1152&bih=595

Don't wear the converse & sporty shoes, both of them very slippery.

Stream hiking are more difficult than normal hiking, it need to walk in the water or stone, so compare with normal hiking should be dangerous and difficulty.

Besides, all of you must have mentally preparation that your body will get wet , so bring along with back-up t-shirt / trousers / underwear for change, keep your stucks to waterproof bag. After finish your stream hiking, you can wear a slippers for little walk back to minibus station.

You also can change the route, just walk around in the Country Park sections & enjoy yourself, just follows the sign & walk a circle in reservoirs then back to Pineapple Dam take the 82 minibus station to Tsuen Wan MTR station.

Finally, please send a safe messages to me & see you next time:)

Cheers!

Tyle

Private_message
    Heya everyone,

I went to Tai Shing Stream last Sunday. That was my first time to hike in Stream.

I would like to warn you if you do not have proper shoes/ gear... please DONT go... cos your partners/mates may needa assist you that would cause you two in danger.

Use water proof bag, plastic bag, to carry your important stuff eg phone, wallet, clothes, towel.

Be perpared to jump from one rock out of the stream to another, (sometimes the distance may scare you) so proper shoes is needa to avoid slippery and fall into the water. Water level could be deeper than you expected, so DONT expected you could walk through the water. Water flow is another thing to beware, this is why those guys got killed. Besides, you may need to mount the rock to climb to another side/ go forward. you could bring some gloves.

Have a safe trip~ and have fun.
    Private_message
    1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice
    6. Summer
    7. Doris
    8. Lui (doris' friend)
    9. Asion (doris' friend)
    10. Kaman
    11. Peter's friend
    12. Peter's friend
    13. Jason
    14. Ming
    15. Tracy
    16. Gary
    17. chung
    18. Kin
    19. Mei King
    20. Joe fung
    21.Erick Vazquez

Sorry, I rather ask hehe :D !!
    Private_message
    1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice
    6. Summer
    7. Doris
    8. Lui (doris' friend)
    9. Asion (doris' friend)
    10. Kaman
    11. Peter's friend
    12. Peter's friend
    13. Jason
    14. Ming
    15. Tracy
    16. Gary
    17. chung
    18. Kin
    19. Mei King
    20. Joe fung
    21.Erick Vazquez
    22.Joseph
    23. claire
    Private_message
    where do you buy the shoes and around how much are they?? Maybe I will buy too
    Private_message
    1. Tyle
    2. Peter
    3. Alessio
    4. Tai
    5. Janice
    6. Summer
    7. Doris
    8. Lui (doris' friend)
    9. Asion (doris' friend)
    10. Kaman
    11. Peter's friend
    12. Peter's friend
    13. Jason
    14. Ming
    15. Tracy
    16. Gary
    17. chung
    18. Kin
    19. Mei King
    20. Joe fung
    21.Erick Vazquez
    22.Joseph
    23. claire
    24. Rong
    Private_message
    Hi..all :

I will send the reminder SMS to all particpants who have leave me a contact number.

Pls. come on time at 10:00AM, Tsuen Wan MTR Station Exit B Heng Seng Bank

Bring your lunch & drink, sunscreen, rain gear sunny, swimming gear, change clothes, waterproof bag , basic plimsolls 白飯魚 etc.

See you tomorrow :)

Cheers!

Tyle

Private_message
    Had an awesome time today stream hiking with Tyle and everyone! Thank you guys for organizing the trip! And for any of you that want to get together sometime in the next few weeks send me a message.

Cheers!
    Private_message
    yes, Thanks Tyle. It was an amazing and i had a blast. Nice meeting all of u. I can feel my arms and legs are getting sore. I have surely lost some pounds. Haha.. Hope to see the picture soon and hang out with you guys again. ;-)
    Private_message
    Thank you for all attended the events:)

Some photos share for you!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150963996033381.426727.713108380&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150964030563381&set=a.10150963996033381.426727.713108380&type=1&theater

You can add me in Facebook : Waika Tyle Ng or Tyle Ng

Hope to see you next time!

Enjoy!

Tyle
    Private_message
    As mentioned to some of you, I posted the beach party details on the activity page, if you are free, do join. Hope to see you guys there and hofully the weather won't be like today :( let's keep our positie energyy high and hope for the best. Cheers...
    Private_message
    Ice Tea :

stream hiking is very dangerous activity but if you know the skill & combine with good shoes, it make more safety.

Besides, I can't promise you can 100% keep dry when you walk on the rock & stream, it may be lost your balance & fall down into the water, so when you get wet is better than dry walk.

Hope you can understand the situation & the risk & see you next W.E.T ~ hiking event on 15/8(Wed), I will post the details later :)

Kaman :

Thank you for your post but sorry that busy on 28/7, hope you enjoy & have great fun!

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.