• Hey guys !

I'm currently looking for partners to go for the Tongariro track from Wellington city for the next week end (19th to 21st).
    I have a 2 person tent but no car. Maybe we can share the ride & food & beers & fun ! :)

Anybody interested ?

Cheers,

Private_message
    I like doing track as well, unfortunately my timing would be different, i usually not free during the weekend, but more free during the middle of a week...
    Private_message
    Yeah why not if nobody is interested for more than one day I'm keen definitely. I'm still able to come back later :)
    And at least we can choose a beautiful day :)

Let's say it's ok if nobody is answering for a longer trip before thursday morning :)
    Is it ok for you ? You will be able to find a car ?
    Private_message
    I was hoping to do the crossing too but I just heard that you can only do a little of it as some of the track has been destroyed and is needing rebuilt!
    Private_message
    Oh really ?!!!
    Where did you see this information ?

I'll go to the DOC tomorrow to ask them.
    Private_message
    I heard it from some people living near there. I am near there Tongariro at the moment and they warned me against the crossing!! If it is ok, please tell me because I'd love to do it!!!
    Private_message
    There's some advice on this on the post in the NZ group for the annual NZ_CS Tongariro trip.
    See here; https://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=368&post=14047855
    Private_message
    Thanks you Tim.

I was too late for the DOC today. I'll try to go tomorrow morning.
    Private_message
    Ok I just had the DOC on phone.

So indeed, a part of the track is closed. The end of the track actually after the Blue lake.

And the other thing to know is that the car park in Mangatepopo is closed due to the high trafic so we can only go there by shuttle ...

So what's the plan ? :)
    Private_message
    Well, you can pay between $30-$40 bucks on the Shuttle this weekend, or $20 if you join the mass CS event to do the crossing next weekend? ^_^

Only thing I'm wary about right now is the weather conditions!
    Private_message
    Wooow do you have any link to this event ???
    I'm really keen !!!

And this week-end I'm not going to the Tongariro :) I got an other plan :) So next week end is just PERFECT !
    Private_message
    The link is in this conversation...
    Private_message
    Oups sorry I dont know why I thought your link was more a trail !
    Thank you very much !

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.