• Hi all! During my stay in Wellington (8-12 jan) I want to do the tongariro Crossing, is there somebody who wants to join me, so that we can rent a car together or so? I'm able to drive :)

Cheers!

Private_message
    I'm going to Tongariro & Lake Taupo on the 7-8-9. unfortunately my car is full, but if you manage to find other people we could plan the thing together so that we might not need to use shuttles if we have two cars available. what do you think? we have to check what it's actually possible to do as a consequence of the partial closure of the track due to the eruption.

feel free to add me on facebook (irenefrizzarin@hotmail.com)
    Private_message
    how long does it take to complete? i'll get to wellington on the 7th of jan and am interested...depending on how many days the trek takes?
    Private_message
    The crossing takes one day (and you are very tired afterwards, so it is best to sleep nearby).
    But the weather there is unpredictable, so sometimes you have to go, and wait a day or three for the weather to be clear...
    Private_message
    yes, it takes about 8 hours to complete, my friends and I are going to camp (probably) close to the national park. I'll allow the weather 3 days to clear, after that I'll have to go back to Welly! :D guys if you manage to plan a second car let me know!
    Private_message
    nothing interesting after the Emerald Lakes? Ketetahi Springs, Blue Lake, North Crater, exc.? I highly trust you Alex, you're an expert of Tongariro National Park! ;)

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.